Volusion Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Create your profile to get personalized information

Volusion Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Volusion

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin in July and asked if I wanted to interview for a software engineering position. I had mentioned several times throughout the process that I was only looking for backend positions even though they had full stack listed on their jobs page and was assured that was fine. After going through multiple phone screens, a technical coding challenge (a backend challenge to build an api with aws lambda), a technical phone interview, and review of the project I was told they were actually only looking for full stack, with emphasis on front end candidates. Volusion needs to be able to narrow down what it is they are looking for putting candidates through the interview process that could take up to a month to complete.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Volusion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volusion (Simi Valley, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

First round was a phone interview:

How did you convince your team mates on a particular technology? How did you mentor them?

Second round was 1:1. Small company with about 12 developers, One core product. Both the interviews involved CEO and 2 developers

Interview Questions

• What is a mutex, semaphore & critical region?   Answer Question
    • What is a XSS & SQL injection attack and e.g. and how would you prevent it?   Answer Question
    • What are user controls, data controls, data binding?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who set up lunch with hiring manager
    I had a Phone Interview
    Last was the on site Interview. It was three One Hour session with of 2 people where they asked technical questions and had me white board the architecture of my current software project.

Interview Questions

• What is the architecture of the software product you're working on now? Draw the architecture on the whiteboard and discuss.   Answer Question