Volvo Cars of North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Volvo Cars of North America

Trade Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Cars of North America (Rockleigh, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I was presented by a recruiter and a phone interview was scheduled. The job was a possible work from home opportunity. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and the HR manager. They went over the position and the changes the company has gone through, then we went over my resume. I thought the phone interview went well, and they went back to the recruiter to request an in-person interview. I thought it was odd that they wanted me to pay for my travel to the interview and then reimburse me (I am in Houston and they are in NJ) but it seemed like a good opportunity so I went ahead.
    When I arrived for the interview we went to a conference room with the hiring manager, HR manager, a lawyer from the legal department, and on the phone they had a consultant they use for trade compliance. The hiring manager didn't seem to remember our phone interview or my resume at all, he struggked to come up with questions to ask, and seemed very anxious to wrap it up. The lawyer was very stern and quiet, but the HR manager and the consultant were friendly. I thought I did well in the interview but it seemed like the hiring manager had already decided on someone else before I even interviewed. No one gave me their business cards. The HR manager asked me to send her an email and then she would reply back with everyone's contact information.
    I sent the HR manager an email the next day to say thank you and to get everyone else's contact information. I also asked how she would like me to submit my expenses. I never received a reply. After a week, I asked the recruiter for help. It took another two weeks for the recruiter to get them to work on the reimbursement.
    Overall, they seem very unprofessional and discourteous. Also cheap.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, it was just challenging because of the hiring manager's unprofessionalism.   Answer Question

Managerial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tappan, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Cars of North America (Tappan, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with HR rep and person from hiring department at the same time. Interview seemed to go very well however, the follow up was not what I expected....no communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself-   Answer Question
    • What duties did you perform at your former job which match this position's qualifications?   Answer Question

Confidential Interview

Interview

Based more on likeability than merit. Better to come across as a team player than and individual achiever. Salary ranges does not seem to scare anyone away. Pleasantness is very important.