Volvo Construction Equipment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

email correspondence was quick and very accomodating, they were very accomodating with timing the interview as i had 19 college credits in the semester and had a full time job at the same time

Interview Questions

• how would you prove as an asset for the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

easy, resume based interview. Questions based on academic projects. basic questions on C programming.Just one round of interview with the manager and lasted hardly for 30 mins. Havinng previous work experience in the related field was a key factor.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment (Shippensburg, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Started with an outreach email asking m availability for an interview. Then it was an in person interview about a week later with 2 senior managers. I then found out 2 days later and started 2 weeks after that. Interview was very laid back and extremely conversational. They asked about my background and what I like to do in my free time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Q: Are you okay working with strict deadlines?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment in February 2015.

Interview

Good interview, very general questions, it was done on the phone, so a bit disturbance but could give the interview. Overall a good experience,and a good thing- company info is provided completely while interviewing in case we dont miss anything

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a prerecorded on-line interview. The interview lasted for 30 min, all based on the position requirements and your technical skills and experiences. The time limitation on each question is hard to handle. No interaction with interviewer seem a little strange for me, just like a TOEFL test. Be sure to prepare well with the related projects and experiences. A lot of explanations on the related experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment.

Interview

Applied through the online application and received a phone call two weeks later. Had a phone interview and was asked to come in to their office for 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer elsewhere

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment in July 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview. I had three people interview me on technical background related to the position. They asked me about use of CATIA/ANSYS, prior use of CAD software and working on global teams. I had no prior job experience, so that was a section where I chose to speak instead of my internship experiences.
    They were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Whether I had experience working in a team on CAD.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment in April 2014.

Interview

Panel of four employees two managers and their closest workers interviewed for two different positions they were all very friendly and they accurately described the position and enthusiastically answered any questions that I had. I received a phone call about a month after the interview but they told me it would be about that long as they were wrapping up the last intern's tasks.

Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment (Shippensburg, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

I received a call from HR explaining who I was interviewing with and what I should bring with me. I was met in the lobby by the manager I was interviewing to work for, and taken to a conference room where there were 3 other employees. They took turns asking questions, the whole interview lasted about an hour. After the interview I received a call less than a week later with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volvo Construction Equipment (Shippensburg, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Called by HR to set up an interview, called by phone conference of 4 people, interview took 1 hour where they asked questions about your resume and other behavioral based questions (about 4 of them), interviewers allowed time at the end for any of their questions or any that you may have also, offered position within a week.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to use problem solving skills to find an answer to a question that did not have a straight forward solution   Answer Question

Negotiation

One week.