Volvo Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volvo Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

Remote Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Greensboro, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview set-up through staffing company. Very informal. A few technical questions. Just remember to keep your answers simple and direct. Don't think too hard about the questions. It was a fairly simple interview process.

Interview Questions

• Not anything really difficult, just don't over-think your answers.   Answer Question

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Started out filling out an application online. About two weeks later I was given an interview. I was interviewed by several people. it was a non intimidating environment that felt good to be in. I believe they look at your personality to see if you will fit into the team you will be working for. Very open interview and you really felt like you were talking with old friends.

I would suggest that you present yourself in a very professional manner and lighten up a bit. You will be asked lots of questions and they are looking for sincere answers only. Do not beat around the bush and be honest with your answers. They are looking for team players that will benefit the group.

It was the easiest interview I have ever had. Relax, be yourself and you will succeed. Sell yourself as an individual with skills and not a skilled individual. If you can do that you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• The questions are totally prepared in advance. They almost seem scripted. No trick questions or no difficult questions. Be yourself, act natural and you will see that is all they are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are simple. They call you back, advise you of an offer and to check your email. You either accept or decline. You might take a little step back from where you were but it all pays off in the long run. One of the best things I have ever done.

Applications Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Wrocław (Poland)) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole hiring process was extremely quick and efficient. Volvo company takes into account you as a person. When I informed that face to face interview is not possible due to a long distance to travel and my current work, Volvo organized a skype meeting with all the managers and team leaders. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why you are the best candidate for the position ?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had one round telephonic. The questions interviewer asked were more personal than anything related to the role I applied for. At the end of the interview he told that he will tell the interview result then itself, than me waiting for a week to hear back from the recruiter. He told that I had cleared it and to expect a call back from HR to schedule second round F2F. Post this I received a call from HR asking if I am available in the upcoming week. I waited whole week for them to call me back, but no response from their end. I myself called the HR and she said I was not shortlisted. 2 days after this, a second HR called me and asked if I am available after 1 week for second round interview. I informed him it must be a mistake since the other HR said I had not cleared. He apologized and said it was a mistake on their side, and he would very much like for me to come in for the next round. Reluctantly I agreed, and waited for him to send a confirmation email. Another week goes by and no response. I get a OOO from him when I sent an email. Later he called me back saying he is out on vacation and someone else from his team will get in touch with me. And no one ever did.

Interview Questions

• Generic scenario based questions. What would you do in this case etc etc   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Technical round was Good and challenging .HR was Substandard. The manager was not sure what he/she was looking for .Hike was less.Not open to Negotiation .

First round was Telephonic

Senior Engineer/Senior Java J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was good and interviewer was a nice guy .It contained 3 rounds .FIrst one was technical .The interviewer was a good guy ,he more emphasized on the approach rather than the exact answers .Second round was Managerial .Lady was really good and it was more about how I handle work in day to day life .Third was HR .Over all it was a very good experience .

Interview Questions

• Process of handling requests in RESTFUL web services ,COre java questions on collections,threads .Some questions were on design pattern also .   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Totally 3 rounds
    1. Technical
    2. Management
    3. HR

The entire process completed within an hour.

The impressive thing is that they confirmed that I was selected on the spot.

Within a week, I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Where do you want to see yourself in next 5 years?
      .NET interview questions on MVC, ASP.NET and Entity Framework   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First HR will schedule the discussion with technical pannel, then with manager F2F it might be 1:1 or group discussion, then HR discussion and salary negotiation and then offer will be released.

Interview Questions

• Technical part was as usual. but from team lead perspective I was asked to share the conflict happened in past and how I managed   1 Answer

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Wrocław (Poland)) in September 2016.

Interview

I sent CV, resume.
    Quick (in one day) phone interview: 20 mins, probably idiot screening.
    Quick interview (two days after phone interview): 1 hour.
    30 mins tech talk, including what the company does and how, few simple/basic questions about C#/.NET, SOLID principles.
    30 mins HR talk.

They promised to let me know up to 2 weeks after the interview.
    I haven't got any reply (4 weeks passed).
    I even called the HR lady 2 weeks after the interview, and she promised to get back, but no response whatsoever.

My opinion: lack of response seems very unprofessional.

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Volvo Information Technology (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

First round was one telephonic round. After that I got an invitation for a face to face interview on the weekend. I reached there and I did not wait for long time.