Volvo Trucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Volvo Trucks

2.8

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Hagerstown, MD).

Interview

Good interview questions, sought good details, they took more than two months to give decision.

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macungie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Macungie, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

had two different interviews, one where a computer asked questions and I submitted videos and a phone interview with a person. The video interview was somewhat awkward to do but they give you alot of tips and let you have a practice time. They give you time to both think about the question and record your answer. Overall the experience was average

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Dublin, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Very Comprehensive. There was a phone screen by hiring manager and then a round of interviews in person from other managers and HR. A full background check was completed along with drug testing as well. A work site visit was made to understand the future work environment as well. HE was very good to work with and made the process fun along the way....very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personal challenges   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

Very straightforward, through college career fair. Initially screened at the career fair, then after applying online had a phone interview and then virtual interview. The virtual interview was kind of off putting not actually speaking to someone, but fine in the end.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Greensboro, NC) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process usually occurs in 3 stages, 2 over the phone one in person. The phone interviews are done by a senior/ manager and a manager/director. The in-person interview is a panel interview with the other 2 members and a HR partner

Interview Questions

• How have you contributed to team-oriented projects in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Dublin, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Resume Screening, followed by HR Phone interview followed by Hiring manager telephonic interview. Interview was very simple, if you can walk through your resume well in interview, then clearing the interview would not be a problem at all.

Interview Questions

• Completely based on resume, especially on previous from my work experience   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks in October 2015.

Interview

The manager contacted me via email. Set up an interview at 10 am. but mailed me to prepone it to 9am. He was busy and interview lasted for 15 mins. Mostly told about the company and answered my questions. Very straight forward and told me what he expects from intern. He did not ask me any questions apart from what was on my resume

Interview Questions

• He was busy and it ended in 15 mins Questions only from my resume   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks.

Interview

Interviewed first with HR over the phone. Called back in two weeks to schedule phone interview with manager. Asked for background, career highlights and thoughts on purchasing stratagies. About a week later received call to come in and talk to HR manager. Three weeks later received call offering job.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Greensboro, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Volvo is very slow in responding to applications and setting up interviews. They are equally slow in the post-interview follow up. My experience was a 5 week time span from application to interview. Then another 3 weeks until hearing the hiring decision. Then there was a rush to fill out HR paperwork and drug screening to make the start date for the following week.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience set you up to succeed here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much room to negotiate on salary and Benfeits

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Greensboro, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I was a consultant so my agency set up my interview. I meet with the immediate manager and they asked me basic questions about my resume and experience. They also went over what they did in that area. My interview was longer than usual due to talking about other topics. I wore heals and because the campus was large I suggest wearing flats, loafers, or a kitten heel if you are a female.