Von Maur Full Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Von Maur Full Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Duluth, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview is by phone , then they call you in for two followup interviews. They ask u similar questions both times, by two different interviewers. After interview they ask you to read through a folder that shows all the duties for the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Can u tell me a time when u had to deal with a difficult customer, how did u resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick and easy just know what you want. Show that you are worth it and are willing to work for it. Pay is good compared to other retail stores benefits ok too.

Other Interview Reviews for Von Maur

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

The interview was very professional. The store manager was a little intimidating which made the interview a little scary. Lots of similar questions. It lasted about 2 hours. Overall it wasn't bad though. Ended up getting the job and moving up through this particular store.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you provided exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

I was online and came across the opening for Von Maur. I applied on line which was a easy application process. After about 2 weeks I heard back from a manager there, she gave me a phone interview and asked me a set of questions like my experience, why I wanted to work there, my availability as for a hours, gave me a little information regarding benefits, dress code and hours of the store. After our conversation she asked me what day would be best to come in and have a interview with the Human resource manager. I went in and had my interview with the Human resource manager and another young lady that was training for a management position. The interview went well and now I am scheduled to go back in a few days and interview with the Store manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous sales experience. What I liked most of my previous jobs. Asked questions regarding problem situations with customers and how those were handled. Asked what I liked most about one of my previous jobs and what I liked the least. When it came time to tell me about the position they emphasized that at a 4 week period I would be evaluated regarding my sales per hour, reaching sales goals. If it was not sufficient then they would terminate at the 4 week period. That actually made me rethink working here because where they are located in the city I live it is a outdoor mall and the traffic is what I was concerned with because if the traffic is not there for sales then it kind of makes it impossible to achieve the goals especially if they make it a high dollar amount SPH.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Von Maur (Normal, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It started off with a phone interview and was then followed up with an in person interview with someone from Human Resources. It was an average interview; nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Von Maur (Hoover, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I spoke with three different managers. They rotated in and out of the room due to being busy. They asked typical questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years? and what experience do you have working with others? Offered job on the spot

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult person and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Glenview, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and two face to face interviews. Almost all the questions asked are situation questions. The entire time the managers are reading off a paper, which makes it very boring. Sound confident in what you are saying and you will get the job

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur in September 2014.

Interview

Had two interview, both painless. Traditional questions, how would you do this with a customer, etc. Have you had previous sales experience, what are you goals, why do you want to work here. Also asked which department interests you. What do you expect from them as an employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Davenport, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy. Received a phone call within a few hours of submitting my application for a screening phone interview. I was invited to come interview that day, and sat for two separate interviews on the same visit. They pretty much asked the same questions in each one. I got a call about 3 days later saying I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very attentive and detailed questions and interaction with senior management and department personnel, every store has an HR rep who is helpful and complete in explaining all matters relating to postion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation however, after I started, I learned that many in the store were able to ask (and receive) a higher starting wage so whatever they offer you, always aske for at-least $2-$3 more per hour....you'll probably get it, they did at my location (Chicago).

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Louisville, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the store manager a week later. He conducted a phone interview which I passed. I was then invited in for an interview with a sales manager. I passed this as well. I had one final interview with the HR Director. I succeeded and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult. Typical questions about past experiences in sales or with difficult customers, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.