Von Maur Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Von Maur Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and I spoke with the store manager. She advised to apply online, 2 days later I get a phone call from the store manager and asked me several questions. I realized after I answered the questions that I was being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What are you expecting to get pay? If you want the job be prepare to know the salaries in your area.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Von Maur

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Questions asked have to do with situations and how you would deal with it. It starts
    With a phone screening. If they like you from there will invite you in for a interview. The person to person interview consist of you meeting with a manager in an office. If they like you, they will invite you back for another interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for within a company?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been given a review?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Beavercreek, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview. Was schedule very quickly for personal interview with Store Manager. Received a phone call with a week or two and started working within one month of my first phone call to Von Maur. Overall, it was a quick, positive, encouraging experience. Both managers were friendly, professional, and fun to talk with! This was the best interview experience I have ever had!

Interview Questions

• Describe a interaction with a customer or co-worker that was unpleasant in your last job. But they also asked you to describe a situation where you were able to shine and use your skills to be a team player also.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You start out at their base rate, with commission.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Von Maur (Lake Saint Louis, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying in-store, I was called to schedule an in-store interview. The interview itself was held in a conference room and was conducted by one of the assistant managers. The entire interview lasted roughly 30 minutes.