Von Maur Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Von Maur Sales Representative Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Columbus, OH) in October 2009.

Interview

Lots of very specific customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Von Maur

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Von Maur (Beavercreek, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

phone interview then in store interview then that was it

Interview Questions

• what was your last job like?   1 Answer
    • when did you hear about us   1 Answer

Negotiation

long and annoying

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Von Maur in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the same day for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Was than set up for a one on one interview and stayed for a second with a department manager. First interviewer was mature and very professional. Second was very young and seemed uncomfortable/nervous with the interview process. Interviews consisted of mostly "Name a time when...." questions to determine how you react in a given situation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had set a goal and failed to achieve it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Said the pay rate for full time is $9.50 per hour, which surprised me since I'd seen numerous comments posted by employees that pay is $11.50 per hour.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Von Maur in January 2010.

Interview

The process was fairly easy. They used what is known as the STAR enterview process which simply is a get to know you and understand your thought process when it comes to solving problems. They managers were professional and the process was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in a year, 3 years, 5 years?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Von Maur in August 2008.

Interview

A series (3) interviews in & an offer in one day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you are a good fit to work at Von Maur?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. All sales associates start at the same pay rate, no matter your experience.