Vons Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Vons Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated May 20, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Coronado, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (Coronado, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Really easy questions. Came in and talked to the hiring manager, got a job offer right away. I came in one more time to take the drug taste and fill paper work.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I arrived at a Von's location to meet with the hiring manager. In the back offices they conducted a short 15 minute one-on-one interview that consisted of previous work experience and situational "what would you do if" type questions. They asked if I was okay doing the drug test (mouth swab) on the spot to get it over with, I agreed, and after a few minutes it was cleared. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Solana Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vons (Solana Beach, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was perfect for being at my first interview ever, I think that the interviewer was really nice, and he seemed to be really nice. He was very helpful from the get-go he seemed to know how nervous I was and wanted me to be calmer, and understand the process of getting a job, he seemed to know everyone who passed through the doors really well too.

Interview Questions

• How would you disarm a conflict in the workplace?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the manager only 5 or 10 minutes later, it was extremely fast! At the beginning of the interview she described the job and its basic duties. We talked about my previous experience, why I wanted the job, etc. She also gave me a drug test and submitted the background check.

Safeway - Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was really easygoing (at least at the one I applied for). The hiring manager didn't mind that I didn't have any customer service experience or any work experience for that matter. They needed someone to fill a position fast and just needed to know my availability and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What were your hours of availability?
      What does good customer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very short, pretty straight forward, it did not take too much time to do it, the manager was a bit too sarcastic, but it was ok overall. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

• Do I speak english? do I do drugs? am I a people person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was quick, she emailed me a time-frame in which they held open interviews at the local Vons. The interviewer knows what they want for the position. Ask about working hours, schedule, training, and any other questions you'd like answered.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about experience, what you would do in a specific situation. I asked about working hours, schedule, training, and other information that an applicant should know in deciding if they really want the job, you may just find out at the interview that it isn't the right fit for you.   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online for 9 different positions at 8 different stores = 72 applications
    Required to fill out one full section of the application 8 different time for each store... Serious Waste Of Time.

Received a call two weeks later....
    Came in - Interview went well...
    Did not hear from anyone for three weeks...
    Received a call back for a second interview...and was hired

Background Check & Drug Test (Suck on sponge for 20 min)
    Another Mountain of Paperwork/ computer account/ more online forms

Interview Questions

• When are you available? Is Min wage ok?
      Background Check & Drug Test

Four hour orientation... Signed another mountain of paperwork stating I was trained in "safety, sanitation, emergency protocols, etc... etc..." but never was.

Started job with no training... learned as I went.
      Every supervisor did everything different, from packaging the products, taking inventory in a certain order, to label location of a product... so consistency was nonexistent and performing my job difficult

Tedious/ Boring/ Monotonous Work
      God awful hours/ Very low Pay
      Crazy Customers
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The process is pretty simply. Somebody working for Vons pointed me in the direction of Vons that were hiring. It took a month to get interviewed due to many stores not hiring. The interview itself was simple.

Interview Questions

• Name one of your short term and long term goals. What do you like least about yourself? Why do you want to work for Vons? What are your strong points? Talk about one time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Initial communications first started online. There were a series of interviews, then some test. There is a trial period to see what type of employee you would be; and if you would be reliable enough to stay employed with the company. You are tested mentally, and physically.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to start the assistant manager responsibilities   Answer Question

Negotiation

terms of employment, I don't remember it was too long ago