Voodoo Game Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Voodoo

3.5

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Voodoo (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

I got e-mail from General Manager of berlin studio. He said that they liked my artworks and if I wanted to apply to the game designer position.They asked for my e-mail then we get to the next step which was 30min ggl hangouts call.The interview was better than I expected.I said that I dont have any work experiences in game studios but they said that we know that,we still want to work with you.Next they sent me a test and the test duration was 1week but it was too much for a week I believe.I needed to reskin of one 3D and one 2D game.I was in hurry to create the test and I finished somehow but I wouldn't even hire myself with that.They e mailed me after a day and said we dont want to go forward with your application.My recruiter has changed during this test process.They didn't even say any reason.I feel really bad about the result and missing that chance.I really was willing to work at Voodoo.I sent e-mail to General Manager about 2nd chance but I haven't get any reply yet.

Interview Questions

Voodoo Response

Jul 30, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback and the efforts spent on your application.
It is unfortunate that the last step of our process was unsuccessful for you - We hope that it will not prevent you... More

Other Interview Reviews for Voodoo

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Voodoo (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied and one day later they sent me an e-mail to arrange a phone call. After this step they sent me a test, and on last step they invited me to their offices. Finally they didn't hire me but they have great recruitment team and process. I wasn't on my lucky day, I thought that the last step was just to meet and I thought that I've been already accepted. They paid my travel, they were very gentle during the process. I think, if there was a recruiter and someone who is not native English speaker, I would be get hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to analyze a game.   1 Answer

Voodoo Response

Jul 22, 2019

Thank you for providing us with this feedback - We’re happy that we’ve provided a positive experience and sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.