Vornado Realty Cash Applications Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Cash Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vornado Realty (Paramus, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and I believe the hiring manager all in one afternoon. HR rep asked basic questions and current salary. Described company and basic job responsibilities. Next interview was with the hiring manager. That interview seemed to last forever, no chemistry between us. She described the daily job responsibilites and asked what my current duties were. She didn't seem impressed. I was asked if I spoke Spanish, but I don't and it wasn't listed as a job requirement. She frowned and the interview went downhill from there. The interview with her lasted twenty minutes, I was led back to HR and out the door. Received "thanks but no thanks" email from HR in a week.

I was greeted in a rather nice reception area, but the actual work takes place on a different floor. Work area was your typical "paper factory", bland decor, mostly female staff, negative vibe throughout with the thermostat set at 80 degrees.

Speaking of staff, I was forewarned by a friend who worked for Vornando for about a week then left. The staff is 98% female and men are not accepted. I did get the impression that the hiring manager wanted a female for the job because she kept referring to the staff as "her girls". I think I was forced on her by HR, but my candidacy was quickly dismissed. I'm sure another "gal" has the job now.

In summary, I'm not sure I would have taken the job if offered, despite the closeness to my house and ease of commute. I've been through this before and working in this type of environment is draining.

Interview Questions

• What are your current responsibilities   1 Answer