Vrbo Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vrbo Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Vrbo

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Screening phone interview, Skype interview
The first Skype interview was with the lady I spoke to on the phone. Very friendly and nice. Second Skype interview was with 2 people. They asked what other places I was interviewing/if I was offered the jobs/what compensation packages those places offered..strange and I dodged the questions because I felt awkward.

Interview Questions

Vrbo Response

May 13, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager & University Recruiter

Thanks so much for the feedback! We certainly didn't intend to cause any awkwardness. Generally, we ask what other offers you have pending so that we have an idea about your timeline for making a... More

Other Interview Reviews for Vrbo

Marketing Interview

Application

I interviewed at Vrbo in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was conducted very poorly, especially in terms of followup, feedback and next steps. After interviewing there twice, I received no response regarding my continuation of the interview process or rejecting/offer. I was promised a response but never received one. I reached out twice, to the company's internal recruiter and the primary person I interviewed with, and received complete silence. This is especially surprising considering how urgent filling the position seemed to them, hence them asking me to please come in, which was unsolicited by me.

I found this lack of any communication to be extremely unprofessional and likely a reflection of the company. They showed no regard for respect or personal decency by leaving a candidate completely in the dark. This is utter lack of regard for other people's current employment situation or career opportunity completely unacceptable. I recommend you pass on interviewing with them, and save yourself the hassle and frustration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX).

Interview

This was probably the most disorganized, disrespectful interview process I've ever been through. Start to finish, it took two and a half months. Two. And a half. Months. This included several lapses in communication from the recruiter, who would offer to schedule a phone call and then disappear for week, with me nagging every few days with "just checking in!" messages like a desperate and neglected date. We finally made it through the screening call, so there was another call with my hiring manager, who promptly forgot about it, leaving me anxiously looking at my phone and waiting for it to ring. Dude, people get NERVOUS FOR INTERVIEWS. They psych themselves up. They start staring at the phone ten minutes before the interview time. Every minute someone is late, the interviewee gets exponentially more nervous. MAYBE DON'T GHOST THEM.

More scheduling snafus ensure and I make it through THAT call, plus one more, and I'm then invited downtown for an in-person interview. The downtown interview is a four-hour affair, during which I'm interviewed in 30-minute blocks by different people from several departments. At least three of those people had no idea why they were interviewing me, so we just chit chatted. They were pretty cool. Between getting there and back, and the interview itself, I had to take the whole day off work.

After all that, it went to someone else. No big deal, right? Except when I thanked the recruiter and asked him if he'd feel comfortable sharing any feedback that I could grow from, he was like, "Honestly, it just went to someone with more experience. The person who got it had ten years of experience in blah blah blah plus five years of blah blah blah..." so that's not even in the same BALLPARK as my experience level (five years total) and I don't know, maybe they could have figured that one out before yanking me around for two and a half months. Good God, HomeAway. I wanted to love you. Just let me love you. WE COULD HAVE BEEN SO GOOD TOGETHER.

My one consolation is that driving home from their downtown office in 5:00 traffic made me want to stick a fork in my eye, so at least I won't be dealing with that. HomeAway still sounds like a great company to work for, but I wish they'd treat their applicants as well as they seem to treat their employees. If you have the patience and humbleness to get through their flaky process, then you deserve to work there. You probably deserve better than that.

Interview Questions

• Do you know why I'm interviewing you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Initially had phone interview with Recruiter, then phone interview with Hiring Manager, then in-person with 4 people the position would be working closely with at their Austin HQ.

The whole process seemed disjointed and not effective for hiring quality candidates.

Interview Questions

• Multiple people had a question surrounding handling conflict. "If you or someone else disagreed with your point of view, how would you handle that conflict?" Or, "These two teams don't see eye to eye on a particular topic, how do you handle that conflict?"   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

They forgot to call twice and do not reply to any emails.

Was supposed to have a call with HR - they forgot
    Asked them again - they forgot a second time
    The third time they were rude and annoyed on the phone as if it had beem my fault that they are disorganised and can't keep track of applicants.
    Then had a call with the hiring manager. The call went ok but it has been weeks and since they do not reply to any of my emails for an update I can assume I haven't been successful. It is just annoying when companies disrespect candidates.

AN overall negative experience that makes them seem disorganised.