Vrbo Software Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vrbo Software Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Vrbo

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First I had a recruiter screening over the phone that went fine, then a call with the hiring manager, and then I was called in for an in-person interview with 5 different people. This happened within a week.

It was a manager job that I was interviewing for, but I have data architecture in my background and most of the interview questions were technical questions about databases rather than questions about my managerial experience. Many of the architect questions I was asked weren't high-level practical application questions, they were low-level test questions. I wasn't prepared for that, given that this wasn't an architect position and I don't use that level of information in my current manager job. I would have studied to refresh my skills had I known that it was required. In the end the feedback I got was that I wasn't technical enough for the position, which is still a bit confusing but fine since it obviously wasn't a good fit.

Overall this did seem like an excellent company though and their growth plan is solid. I was impressed with what they're doing.

Interview Questions

• Given a specific set of data, how would you model it and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vrbo

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vrbo (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

After applying for the position using a job portal, I was approached by a Senior Technical Recruiter from HomeAway through email, inviting me for a brief call (15min) in the form of a phone screen to discuss my background, candidacy and opportunities at the company. I booked an appointment using an electronic system of theirs, came back to the recruiter and received confirmation.

The recruiter never called and even two further attempts to reach him by email and booking a new appointment didn't receive any response. Very unprofessional.

If you are going to behave like most random agents from most recruitment agencies and waste people's time, I would definitely avoid this company even if they made a substantial offer right now.

Interview Questions

• No questions, as the recruiter didn't even bother to apologise for not attending the appointment.   Answer Question