W.B. Mason Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.B. Mason Account Executive Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Sat down in front of the Territory Manager. Asked him some questions. Was hired 20 minutes later. They will bring in just about anyone who is competent and has previous experience. Sales for W.B. is about talking to people all day who do not want to talk to you (most cases) and convincing them how switching to W.B. Mason is better than what they have now. They do not know how good you are at this job until you actually do the job. I would recommend asking for a ride along at the interview if it is not discussed. This job is about slinging catalogs and flyers and working well past 5pm everyday. Have questions ready in a padfolio and sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for W.B. Mason

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (North Haven, CT).

Interview

The bottom line is they are a great place to gain experience in cold calling. The traditional hard way...face to face marketing...door to door floor to floor...every business is a customer. You will be meeting all types of different people and everyday you are out there meeting customers. One of the great reps who came through WB actually cold called one of the locations with his resume and asked to speak with the branch manager for a sales role. They are looking for likable hard working people who are willing to open up business. Be yourself with a background of professionalism. WB has a baseball culture and consider themselves a blue-collar sales company. Be prepared to work hard and be required to do whatever it takes. Sales, deliveries, account receivable if people don't pay, furniture project management. You essentially are building your own book of business and have to manage the processing required. Great place to learn the ropes of traditional cold calling.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work hard?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview process. First, you have an individual interview with the branch manager and one of the other managers. Mine was very relaxed and casual. The second step is a ride-along with one of the reps where they take you out in the field to go cold-calling on customers or on follow-ups. The third part is a follow-up interview with the branch manager again. It was at this time that he offered me a position, though from talking to coworkers, this isn't always the case.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you would fit well in a sales position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (Hamden, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

FUN! Went in so nervous but all of the managers are VERY down to earth. They try and get a gist for more of what you're like as a person than how well you can memorize responses.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.B. Mason (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I had a friend who worked in another branch forward my resume to the manager in charge of the branch I was applying to. I was asked to come in for an interview which started as 1:1 and then turned into a panel interview with other managers. Interview was very relaxed and laid back feel, questions were very basic. 2nd "interview" was me coming back and shadowing a current employee for the day.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one thing in the interview room to describe yourself what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate as I was still in college at the time and was desperate to just find a job. Not sure they would be open for negotiations since their practice is hiring young people (mostly directly from college) with little or no experience.