W.L. Gore Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.L. Gore Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at W.L. Gore

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

3 groups of 2 behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to lead your team.   1 Answer
  • How have you handled difficult people   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for W.L. Gore

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in February 2009.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in person interview usually. Interviews are supposed to be scripted, but often end up just being a discussion. People will be tempted to 'nail' the interview; don't be. This is not one you should win for the sake of winning. Be honest with yourself and make absolutely sure that this culture is the right one for you, otherwise you'll be unhappy. Use the interview to gain as much perspective on the culture as possible, and don't be afraid to take a pass if the culture doesn't seem an absolute fit for you. Seriously.

Interview Questions

• The most important question to evaluate and answer is related to dealing with others- conflict resolution, teamwork, direct communication.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but the company is generous to begin with, so negotiation was narrow in scope.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

Applied through their website and was selected for a phone interview. Had a half hour phone interview that consisted of very cliche behavioral questions. Ex. "Tell me about a time you went beyond what was expected of you?" and "Tell me about a time you had conflict in a group?".

I suppose the HR rep didn't care for my answers because 3 weeks later I received and email stating that I was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your went beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

First interview I had was conducted by phone. HR person who called me was on the East Coast, while I am in AZ. The day I was called I had just had oral surgery a few hours before and was still pretty drugged, but the guy did not seem to notice. Questions were pretty basic; how did you find out about our job, ever worked for us before, do you know any Gore Associates, etc. What was my last job and why did I leave, what duties did I have there, etc. Thanked me for my time and said I would me contacted in about a week if they were interested in a second interview.

I was actually contacted two weeks later for an interview. I had to go to Flagstaff for the interview even though the position was in Phoenix (team leader based in Flag and unable or unwilling to go to Phoenix I guess.) Drove 3 hours to get to the interview; arrived 20 minutes early but was not called back until 15 minutes AFTER my appointed interview time. Interview team consisted of three people: the "team lead," a "business leader" and another "associate" who appeared quite bored and clearly did not want to be there. (Caught her glancing down at her phone, which was on her lap, during the interview.) Interview lasted only 20 minutes and was not all that different from my screening interview but for one question. (See below.) After interview was over I was told that I would hear from them "In a few days" about the position.

Three weeks later I was finally called by an HR rep and given an offer, which I declined because I had already taken a job with another company. Not sure if the hiring process was actually that slow, or if they offered the position to someone else first, got turned down, and so went with me instead. Regardless, hiring process took entirely too much time. Credit to HR though for mailing me detailed directions on how to get to the plant in Flagstaff and where to park, and providing a form that I filled out and sent in for reimbursement of my gas expenses.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever been in a situation where a co-worker's work habits were affecting everyone else's ability to do the job, and what I did about it. Knowing that Gore is an extremely "team oriented" company, I said that I would first ask my coworker if they needed any help, and if so, I would try to show them what they could do to improve their own work. If that did not work, I might take the matter to a team leader and ask for guidance. This seemed to be what they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

I had already been offered, and accepted, another job because I thought Gore was not interested in me, since I had not heard from them in three weeks. In my experience if a company wants to hire you, they get back to you in a few days, not a few weeks. Since nobody bothers to send out rejection letters or emails anymore, I figured they weren't interested. They need to speed up their process.

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

Was a long time ago. Two rounds of interviews where "liking" of applicant and how one would fit in carried more importance than skill set and experience. At that time the application, interview process went very quickly when compared to today.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember any question which was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

I applied online for their new graduate positions and had an on-campus interview. The interview was with two individuals. They asked insightful questions based on my resume to delve deeper into my skills and how I react in various situations. Some of their questions, however, were extremely open ended (i.e. describe something technical).

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time when I "got my hands dirty." I didn't really know what they meant - whether building something or being involved in all the steps of a project (e.g. a grunt). They didn't really clarify and said anything was good...they didn't really mean it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

Two phone interviews with other associates and an HR Rep, prior to flying me on-site for two 15 minute interviews, one with the technical side, one with the people skills side

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions. They were all very basic interview questions, including the technical ones, such as what would pinging an outside domain troubleshoot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary only

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

W.L. Gore started with on campus recruitment events and information sessions followed by on campus interviews once they had finished taking applications. The on campus interview was fairly casual and short, with mostly behavioral questions asked. After the on campus interview I did not hear back for close to a month, then I was notified that I was selected for a final round of interviews in Flagstaff.

I flew down to Flagstaff for 2 long days of tours and interviews however the experience was positive and it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• You have a process (black box) that takes inputs in and produces an output. You have 3 knobs to control the process. One controls the time the input is in the process, one controls the temperature of the process, and one controls the pressure of the process. How do you determine the ideal operating conditions?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2018.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at an on campus career fair about New Graduate Engineering positions. I was selected for an on campus interview a couple weeks later, this was with two engineers and was a strict 30 min time slot. This initial interview focused on some stuff from my resume and a couple behavioral questions. A couple weeks after that I was selected for an on-site interview in Phoenix, Az. This consisted of 3 interview blocks with two people in each block, lasting 30 minutes each.

The on-site focused heavily on technical skills, problem solving, and working with ambiguity. There were definitely many questions that seemed to be purposefully misleading or poorly worded in order to see how you react to them. This was by far one of the most difficult and odd interviews I have had in my job search.

Interview Questions

• Given a picture of machine, with 3 knobs labeled A/B/C, told it produces some product and all the documentation has been lost for how the machine works and it is up to you to figure out how it works. The exact question, which in my opinion was worded oddly, was "What do the knobs do?"   1 Answer