W.L. Gore Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.L. Gore Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Applied online through university website and through company website. I had an on campus interview and the timeline for further information is two weeks afterward. The interview was with two process engineers; one mainly asked questions while the other typed responses

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone who proved difficult to work with   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for W.L. Gore

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in my school's career center, where there were two current engineers asking questions and writing answers. They were really friendly throughout the interview but were definitely digging for details in my answers, so there were a lot of follow-up questions

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you took something apart or put something back together?   Answer Question
    • What's an example of a time you thought outside the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (State College, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university career services website. Brief 30 minute interview where you walk through your resume. I received a congratulatory email about a potential onsite interview only to receive a denial later.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you were successful on a team, but not as the group leader?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

Process was lengthy but not complicated. They are most interested in your ability to work in teams and how you will handle challenges. I found it to be redundant at times, have to site multiple different examples of the same concepts around teamwork and giving feedback. There were some questions that gauged technical capability, but they were less complex than other interviews I've had

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (College Park, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward and a simple interview. It was about an hour long, during which they asked questions that gauged your ability to work on a team. They also gave you the opportunity to ask them questions to get a feel of the company. The interviewers didn't seem too passionate about what they did.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced difficulty working on a team.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.L. Gore in February 2016.

Interview

Overall it was a pretty simple interview, it seemed like they were just looking to figure out potential employees personalities. They had me go through my resume and outline any strengths I thought I had. They also asked what a major success I had was, as well as talking about one time I had to work in a team.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Newark, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

Gore came to my university campus. I was interviewed by two people and the questions were reasonable. After I got hired as an intern, I learned that they picked up on when I expressed enthusiasm, so be sure to express your interests. They also like you to hear questions; show that you're engaged, interested, and thinking.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on experience I had listed on my resume. Other questions were more behavioral.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen first, followed by onsite interviews with several other engineers and managers. A combination of behavioral and technical questions were asked during the interview process. Onsite interview also included tours of the facility and surrounding area. Employees seemed very friendly and happy with the work culture and environment. Questions were very open-ended because the interviewers wanted to see how you think. Lots of company history was presented during the onsite portion of the interview process.

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple and straightforward. I went through a phone conversation with HR, where I was given a behavioral interview. Since it was HR, they were focused more on my ability to work with others and in a team-based capacity. Overall, the interviewer was very pleasant, and she did well in making me feel comfortable the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a conflict you experienced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

Campus recruiting led to on-campus interview. HR staff did an excellent job of keeping candidates posted on progress throughout the application progress. Recruiters were process engineers, extremely friendly. They were well-informed and prepared, and conducted several information sessions during the career fair week as well as individually for specific clubs on campus like AIChE. The interview experience was friendly and well-organized - recruiters engaged with me in conversation and seemed eager to share their experience as well as ask me about mine.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process of making M&Ms.   1 Answer