W.L. Gore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.L. Gore Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

Engineer New Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Wilmington, DE) in December 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview and I was invited to a career day in Delaware. They set you up in a nice hotel and bring you to a casual dinner the night before. Day of, they set up 5 interviews for me along with an information session and a tour of their museum

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were highly technical, as they were scientists and engineers. They were after the line of thinking more than just the answer. They wanted to see my thought process, which they were open about.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on line after on campus career fair. Interviewed over the phone and was invited to come up to their facility in Flagstaff, Arizona. The process took two weeks total and it was a very nice experience. The Gore team was extremely accommodating and I really enjoyed the town.

New Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked to them at the career fair, applied through my university's career services, and had an on campus interview. The questions are mostly behavioral and about your experiences. There is a follow up on site interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you went beyond expectations.   Answer Question

New Engineering Grad Opportunities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended my school's career fair and submitted my resume and applied for the position online. I was then offered an on-campus interview. I will be notified in one month's time whether I received the second interview or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a difficult technical concept to someone?
      How would you try to persuade someone with a different opinion than yours to understand your point of view?
      Tell me about a problem you have solved?
      Tell me about your technical skills?
      Tell me about what you are the most proud of on your resume?   Answer Question

New Graduate TECH Opertunities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Troy, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was extremely behavioral based. They want to know a lot about how you work in a group and what you contribute to group projects. Asked for repeated examples of best group you have been a part of, worst group, most successful, troubled group and explanations for each.

Interview Questions

• What is one unique thing you personally add to group that you have been a part of?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (State College, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university career services website. Brief 30 minute interview where you walk through your resume. I received a congratulatory email about a potential onsite interview only to receive a denial later.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you were successful on a team, but not as the group leader?   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Elkton, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line through the website. It allows you to change the resume and cover letter each time you apply. Easier to use the company site than Indeed or LinkedIn. Gore does track the positions you have applied for and will ask you about different applications. The recruiter was personable and would mix between personal versus tech questions. The thing that seemed to appeal to the recruiter was high energy responses and a general openness.

Interview Questions

• Why I was applying to the company and why the position appealed to me.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me a long time after I had submitted an application on their website. Afterward, I went through several interviews with the recruiter and the team I would be working with. Then I was flown out to location for 2 more in person interviews.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with 3 leaderships each round. The interview process was a breeze, just be yourself and answer the questions asked. Each round takes about 30 - 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How did you come up with the mode? How did you ensure that this is the right model? What tools did you use for your project? Describe a time where you make a mistake and have to owned up to it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

The interview was held at my university. There were two individuals, a Quality Engineer and an Engineer working in New Product Development. It was the 1st interview of the process. They asked mostly behavioral questions. Other than questions they relied on my resume and picked topics to discuss and describe my experiences.