W.L. Gore Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.L. Gore Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at W.L. Gore

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Had two interviews. First on campus interview was with two associates. They asked a few simple technical questions and some personal info. Overall very laid back.

Second interview was in Phoenix at their offices. Starting at 8am and running through 12pm, there were 5 interviews with 2 associates in each. Similar technical questions as before, just a bit more in depth. Also fairly lighthearted for the most part - all of the associates I met were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Given *a medical device I had never seen before*, what would you consider when designing this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for W.L. Gore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

Lots of technical questions based on basic engineering.

Interview Questions

• What issues in manufacturing would cause a bandage to not have the required amount of adhesive capability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Middletown, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Very technical interview, asked me questions on basic principles from various courses. Not hard just be ready to spit out some simple concepts very accurately. They were not looking for social skills really. The position was a significant amount of individual lab work. They ask about how much you know about the company. Ask a lot of questions about this because they are very diverse and it may be easier to relate to a topic you would like to talk about.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you went above and beyond what was asked of you"   Answer Question

Took another position

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Elkton, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed after interning there for the summer. Process consisted of a presentation of my summer project and four 30-minute interviews with different pairs of current employees (engineers, HR, etc. ).

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (College Park, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center. They requested an interview after a few weeks. The weather was bad so they scheduled a phone interview instead. two employees were on the phone. Make sure you do your research and ask good questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked my preference in location. They were very interested in team activities. It seemed like regular behavioural questions.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.L. Gore in September 2009.

Interview

Attended an on campus information session and talked to them at a campus job fair where I handed them my resume. Most questions were typical behavioral ones except for one where I was asked to draw a stress-strain curve for a rubber band and a wooden desk. The interview was about 30 minutes long. Everything was casual and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can you draw a stress strain curve for a rubber band, for a wooden desk?   Answer Question