W. R. Berkley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W. R. Berkley Interview Questions

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview felt like a conversation with a friend about work history. My resume was reviewed and we talked about specific parts of my job descriptions and how they aligned with the current position. I left with a good feeling about the interview. The first interview was in person with 2 people and then second one was over the phone with multiple people taking turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you for help with their policy, how would you answer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley in June 2016.

Interview

Phone call then a 2 hour face to face interview. during the interview they introduced you to the members of the team and they do. they also asked a bunch of firewall and computers systems questions. the interview experience was great and not to intimidating .

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job and was scheduled an office interview about two or three weeks after applying. Very relaxed interview. Had three interviewers who asked the basic and typical interview questions. I was told they would contact me within two weeks to let me know if I would be receiving the position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Usually interview questions, asked about background, future outlook, no hard or unusual questions. Straightforward and honest interview by one person. Took 20 minutes. The interviewer shared life experience and gave me the offer the same day. The interview process began as a phone call to prescreen, then an in person interview with one manager, I received an offer pending drug test, and background check.

Interview Questions

• Prior work history, why am I interest in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then an office interview with 2 people at the same time followed. I was told I'd be contacted in a week...it's been almost a month and I still haven't heard anything. All my e-mails and calls have also not been returned. At least have the common decency to let me know what's going on if you're going to waste my time like that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. For the most part they wanted to know how much I knew about the position, what kind of environment I was comfortable working in, and some of the other basic questions. Very easy interview   Answer Question

Data Architect/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

HR interview, followed by a panel phone screen. Phone screen was by hiring manager and panel of team members with different role. If that went through then there would be a 1:1 at client site, followed by background check, drug screen etc

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work additional hours or weekends?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to handle multiple hats of developer, designer, architect and PM all in one role   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very standard, I had numerous phone calls with HR at first. Then moved to a phone interview with a manager where more specific industry skills were discussed. Next was an in person interview with two managers where we discussed in detail the role as well as my background.

Catastrophe Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Greenwich, CT).

Interview

Hiring manager was friendly on the phone and in person and didn't really ask anything difficult. Met with about 6 people, one of whom was enthusiastic about his position and what he did and was very helpful. I was told this position had been open a long time and it looks like it's still open, even now. Slightly dubious.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major? What did you do in your internship? General questions.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews. 2nd one with 2 different managers. Typical process for this type of job. Nothing stands out. Not negative or positive. Just writing anything in this box because it is required for me to be able to read other stuff on this site

Interview Questions

• My experience with my current employer   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Interview was a joke and a waster of my time. Hiring manager was late showing up with no apology, wearing jeans and continually checked his watch during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How about most stupid question. I was asked how I would approach painting a room. I told the guy, I wouldn't. I would hire a painter that actually knew what they were doing. Compare bids and reviews and make a decision.   Answer Question