W. R. Grace Interview Questions in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director of FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Cambridge, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Standard two person interview functional interview. The VP followed by the head business unit finance person. This was preceded by two HR phone screen interviews with the HR recruiter and then his boss. Heavy focus on salary maximum that would be paid for the role. Typically there's a range so this was a bit unusual.

Interview Questions

• Background, skills, strengths and value add. Typical interview questions although the first interviewer started with college and initial job experience.   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Started with phone screen with recruiter (she was great). Followed by in-person round with four members of the team. The first was a group interview with three people, the second interview was with the head of HR.

All in all, I was very impressed with the process. The person driving the process leads recruiting in MD, and she totally "got it" and had amazing follow-through. She also did a very good job prepping me and staying me updated through the process.

I was very impressed with the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly around my background. Some behavioral questions. Conversations were pretty informal.   Answer Question

R&D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Cambridge, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with 2 different principle scientists (one at a time) and talked about previous work/educational experience as well as previous research. Then taken to meet with the director of R&D and reiterated everything all over again. Very relaxed and open discussions focusing mainly on my resume and job details.

Interview Questions

• What is my laboratory experience as well as if I had any construction/power tool experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Cambridge, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

There is an on-campus interview for 1st round, and a 2nd and final round at the location that you are applying for. 1st round is a short 45 minute interview, mainly behavioral with a short marketing case. 2nd round is a full day process with 4 to 5 interviews with senior leadership and 2 or 3 marketing/M&A cases.

Interview Questions

• I had an M&A case where I was asked to analyze and give my recommendation for the acquisition of a company in Brazil. They wanted me to walk them through how I would go about looking into the company and what would the information I'd ask be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little room for negotiating in terms of salary, I was able to do a little better with the signing bonus and relocation package.