W. R. Grace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Columbia, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very unprofessional. First, for my phone interview she called me 15 minutes late and then tells me she has a meeting she forgot about in 10 minutes. She said she would call me back at 3 pm. At 3:20 pm no call so I call her and her response was she just sat down. We proceeded with the interview and it was apparent she never reviewed my resume. Long story short unprofessional and a waste of my time. If this is any representation of the company, stay away!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Grace.

Interview

I was given an interview on my college campus. The interview was for a process engineering internship. The interviewer was not an engineer and asked very generic questions, which I was not expecting. Due to this, I was not able to explain my experiences in great detail.

I ended up getting a call from a technical recruiter that asked more technical questions. It ended up being a very unexpected mini interview. Their entire timeline was slower than they said it would be, and they never got back to me in the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed, or a project did not go as well as you wanted it to.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter. obviously not a retained search as he was really trying to get some additional contacts by asking what companies ive interviewed with. in any case, when he had mentioned W. R. Grace i had already told him how i felt about this company. As you can tell by my tone, i dont think very highly of them due to past experiences. in any case, he convinced me it was a different geographic location and thus, cultural differences. so i answered his questions and let him submit me.
    they came back quick with "...too many job changes..." that's always a tell-tale sign that they want employees who will put up with unfair work practices and dont let anyone tell you differently as HR reports to me so i know the inside tricks of the trade and lingo used. when i questioned the recruiter further, he stated that "...yes, the hourlies/operations staff is pushing towards a union..."
    so, that proves my point that upper management is unfair to employees etc.
    furthermore, they are selling off parts of their business which is never a good sign.
    all in all, im very happy that it stopped there and i will never waste my time with W. R. Grace ever again.

Payroll Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Grace.

Interview

Not one person read my resume prior to my arrival, which surprised me. They were printing them out each time I arrived. Everyone was very nice; I am not sure if they really knew what they wanted in a candidate.

Manager, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Friendly but professional people. Good questions. More focus on cultural fit with the organization rather than my technical skills. Overly concerned about the corporate fit and flare.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Director of FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Cambridge, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Standard two person interview functional interview. The VP followed by the head business unit finance person. This was preceded by two HR phone screen interviews with the HR recruiter and then his boss. Heavy focus on salary maximum that would be paid for the role. Typically there's a range so this was a bit unusual.

Interview Questions

• Background, skills, strengths and value add. Typical interview questions although the first interviewer started with college and initial job experience.   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Started with phone screen with recruiter (she was great). Followed by in-person round with four members of the team. The first was a group interview with three people, the second interview was with the head of HR.

All in all, I was very impressed with the process. The person driving the process leads recruiting in MD, and she totally "got it" and had amazing follow-through. She also did a very good job prepping me and staying me updated through the process.

I was very impressed with the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly around my background. Some behavioral questions. Conversations were pretty informal.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Volt Solutions contacted me and got me an interview with W.R. Grace. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes and I was interviewed by the Plant Engineer and Production Supervisor .

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Columbia, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with four people, beginning with HR rep who was very pleasant and easy to talk to. Worked up the chain of command from my team leader, meeting Research Fellows along the way as well as getting a tour of the facilities. Everyone was more or less easy to talk to, although the accents of one of the interviewers made it difficult to understand their questions. The questions were simple and run-of-the-mill. They made me feel overqualified, telling me that they used to give the position (which I needed a four year degree to apply to) was given to high school students and environmental science majors only a few years prior. They are apparently attempting to give these positions to only graduates now as a way to help chemists get their feet in the door with professional experience, which was nice to hear.

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W. R. Grace in September 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months. First had a 30 min phone interview with HR. The on site interview took about 5 hours. Interviewed by the director and process engineers. I toured the plant with process engineers. Overall very good experience, seemed like a great place to work. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly.