W.W. Grainger Interview Questions in Appleton, WI | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Appleton, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

1st interview with recruiter was great. We laughed some, but over all, a typical phone interview. Great attitude! I was then contacted via email saying I would be having an in store interview with the Market Mgr but also, she was trying to get a Manager from another branch so they could give me a Panel Interview. I was contacted again, saying it would be with the Market Mgr only, and gave me all sorts of information. Everything from, learn about the company big-time. She gave me sales info, product info..I mean everything about the company you could think of. Told me the type of questions that would be asked in the interview. Behavioral STAR. Well, all weekend, I learned so much about the company, I felt liked I worked there already. I worked on the interview questions. The Recruiter, had me prepared for what I thought was everything! Monday, I get to the interview 1/2 hour early. I wait outside until about 7:50am and go in. The Market Mgr meets with me about 8:05am. She introduced herself and asked me in to her small office. Her first words then were, I usually interview in a meeting room and not typically in her office. She then says something that in a 30 year period of having interviews, I had never heard. "Have a seat. I want to try to get this done as quick as possible" I immediately felt pressured to hurry through the questions and answers. She never asked anything about me personally. Didn't ask any of the Behavioral STAR questions, like I was told to study. Her main question/s were about team building. She was pleasant, but I can honestly say, I have never had an interview with someone that had less of a personality. I left there confused. I wasn't asked anything about what I knew about the company or again, anything the recruiter told me to really study over the weekend. I don't blame the recruiter. I felt like she wanted me to get the job. Anyway, I call her up the next day and explain a little how the interview went in my opinion. Nothing like this. She said the manager told her she was going to hire someone else and that I didn't have enough supervisor experience. Mind you, I have over 20 years of experience with supervisor experience. I thanked her and wish her and the company my best. I just can't understand why I wasted my weekend to study all this company info and interview questions, again, to not be asked anything regarding any of it. It felt like the moment I walked in her office, that I had no chance. It's too bad, I really was excited to have a chance to work there. Seems like a great company!

Interview Questions