W.W. Grainger Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Grainger Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and was approached by the hiring consultant next week to schedule a first round interview. Pretty basic behavioral questions and she gave a lot of emphasis on the new projects the group is going to implement. She scheduled an on-site interview within two weeks. Interviewed with two managers. The entire interview was conducted excellently and it felt like a conversation and not a question and answer kind of interview.
The most important aspect they wanted to look for was the ability to solve new problems, drilling the point of quickly performing in new projects. They liked the ideas that I gave them and it ended well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   Answer Question
  • Can you give me an example where you managed a small task to perfection?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Grainger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, then I was asked to come into office. I interviewd for 3 open financial analyst positions. Questions went off a sheet, and were very typical behavioral question i.e; tell me a time when this and this happened, how you handled it, what was the result. Basically the questions they teach you. I don't know why I wasnt selected. But the company seemed nice to work for.

Interview Questions

• Example: What are some strenths/weakensses   Answer Question
    • Example: Tell me a time you saw a chance for a process improvement and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in May 2007.

Interview

Typical large corporate interview process. Two phone screens, one with HR and one with the manager that was doing the hiring. In person interview by some peers.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very straight forward   1 Answer

Salary was too low.