W.W. Grainger Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Grainger Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

Internview on campus and then flown to Lake Forest for in person interview. The in person interview was pretty difficult, there was 3 interviews and also a case study. Case study was very easy.

Interview Questions

• How many boxes will fit in this room?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Grainger

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

Good process. Four rounds of interview in the branch in Chicago downtown. Great office. Main branch is in Lake forest. Four rounds of interview was with different teams, UI, Product Management, Digital marketing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was held by two people, they ask behavioral questions using the STAR method. If you did not complete the response in star method they would ask what the resolution was and for you to further elaborate. Prepare yourself to ask several questions at the end

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a conflict with an employee, how do you resolve it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in September 2015.

Interview

First had an-campus interview through my university's career center. The interview was pretty standard (what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc.). From there, you get invited on- site through a few rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would be your process if you had to come up with a business solution in little time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college career website and talked to the recruiters at an information session to schedule an interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions mainly. Examples below.

Tell me about a time when you had to figure out a task with a limited amount of information

Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision and how did you handle it

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I had multiple rounds of on campus and phone interviews to start. The final round was three rotations with two interviewers and myself. The whole process took about 2 months and was finished before the Holidays. The interview process overall was average in difficulty. All interviewers were very nice and positive. It's a great first-time experience for a student who wants to work with a big company but doesn't want to feel inadequate.

Interview Questions

• If you had a Smart House what would your assistance be named and what would she do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied via my college's career fair, and I got an interview request in a few weeks. The Grainger headquarters is quite a sight to behold, especially the lobby. Anyway, I was interview by three panels of three interviewers. Almost all of the questions were behavioral or personality based. I don't remember being asked a single technical question, which actually disappointed me a bit... I was looking for a technical position.

On the whole the interviewers were very nice, and they really did seem to value their interns.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything too difficult. The one question I remember feeling uncomfortable with was why I performed so miserably in this one class, and what I would do differently if I could do it again. I feel like there's no winning there. Most of us have that one or two classes that we really didn't do well in for no good reason. No matter what you do, you'll end up looking like you slacked -- unless you have a legitimate reason (e.g. medical)   Answer Question

I was offered a better paying internship which was more aligned with what I was pursuing in college.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

The process was quick. Had a successful first interview and was invited for a second interview. Phone interview was easy with simple questions. The second interview was more difficult. I was interviewed by three people, and they all asked different questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult time of my life and how I went through it.   1 Answer