W.W. Grainger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very organized and thoughtful process. Met with many different people, which provided a good feeling for the culture.
    Process started with a phone interview and then progressed to on site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of helping an employee progress in their career.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager, another product manager, and cross functional team member. It was a fairly smooth process.

DC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minooka, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Minooka, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process involves having a tour of the facility , then being told about the benefits packages and then brought to interviewed one by one. They also want you to remember a product from the catalog and do a quick presentation on it to the managers

Interview Questions

• Who do respond at work when your having a bad day?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

Rude and uninterested. That was the managers demeanor. I had 5 different recruiters call me for this job and was not offered a position. As I was leaving the interview I had another recruiter call me. Total waist of time. It was as quiet as a library. No coomradery 1984 ish atmosphere. Don't even bother. The job was to call former customers and bring them back.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an upset caller and how was it resolved?   1 Answer

CSA/Warehouse Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Oak Creek, WI).

Interview

Long two hour interview, not particularly hard but they seem to want you to remember quite a bit of things from a long time ago. Seemed very concerned with the amount of times.

Interview Questions

• If a fellow employee, whom I considered a friend, stole something in front of me, what would you do?   1 Answer

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me by phone and asked to set up a time to talk. I suggested some and never got a confirmation, then I got a call out of the blue for my first call. I then was rushed to set up an in person with 4 hiring managers. It was weird because they were not 100% sure where I was in the process. It also just takes so long which I think is just part of Grainger's process but definitely no conducive to the fast moving technical world we live in.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions and how you work with the team.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was phoned the same day by a company recruiter for a short interview. Was emailed for a second telephonic interview to test my technical knowledge which I aced according to the interviewer. I was then scheduled for a 3rd and final interview for which I had to travel to Chicago to meet with 2 manager which asked me the usual HR questions. This interview lasted about a hour.

Everyone was very professional and friendly and I had a great experience. I emailed the recruiter, Kay, about a week later to follow up on when a decision will be made etc etc. No response. I waited another week and send a short email following up. No response, not even an automated response that my application was unsuccessful.

Not every job is a perfect fit and not every application is successful, I accept that. I do however appreciate it when a company extends me the courtesy of informing me that my application has been unsuccessful, especially if I had more than one interview and had to travel out of state to attend an interview. I almost lost another job as a result of holding out for the position at Grainger. Very unprofessional conduct from their recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you made a decision that was very unpopular with the rest of your team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you let your team down and how you rectified the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Very brief interview process overall. I had 1 HR phone screen and 1 onsite interview with hiring manager. The managers were very nice, conversational. They dug into my school experience, former work experience, and future goals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Grainger?   1 Answer

Account Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in March 2017.

Interview

Ooof. This is only a review of 19/45 minutes of my first phone interview. I had to cut the interview short. I was so turned off by the process, questions and the way the recruiter made me feel like a number, or simply a task in her day. No feedback on my answers, long pauses, no engagement with me as a human being! 15 minutes was spent answering simple questions that are printed on my resume. I understand going over past performance and accomplishments, but this was just a waste of my time. If this is any insight as to life at Grainger, then I'm out!

Government Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Northbrook, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was a pretty smooth transition, I had an email sent to me by a recruiter, I replied to the email and the recruiter called me by phone around 11a and set up a phone interview later that day by 4p with the recruiting specialist, she loved our call and passed me on to the next step. Which was an in person panel interview for the next day with the sales manager, the regional sales manager, and the recruiter I had my initial phone interview with, it was the typical STAR interview questions, but I did well, because I was prepared and I know my experience well! They of course loved me, because I had everyone laughing in the interview! The total interview lasted 40 minutes! Was called that same day by 6:30p and was extended an offer! I accepted!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult sale? How did handle and what was the result?   Answer Question