W.W. Grainger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

Very unprofessional company. You think being so large they would have a standard recruiting team that is some what responsive. Was told multiple times that I would be followed up with and I was never responded to. I had waited 2 months for a response, and only found out that I was still in the "Interview stage" by looking on my application status on their website that was updated weeks after my initial invite interview.

I'd stay clear of this company, huge waste of time.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR or Recruiter to review my resume, In Person interview with Hiring District Manager, Phone interview with Regional Sales Dir. Phone & DSM interview lasted about an hour, RSD interview lasted maybe 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Is this job going to be too remedial, or a step backwards for you?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Three part interview with hiring manager, Finance Director, and one of the main business partners. Feedback was that I connected great with all parties but it ultimately came down to the work experience and need for certifications in this specific role. Hiring manager did provide one piece of constructive feedback which I appreciated, However, I felt that the candidates could have been briefed before the process that certain certifications and that specific work-related experience were a requirement this go around.

Interview Questions

• 1. Example of a time I made a costly mistake and how I responded.
      2. Why I am interested in this position and skills I bring to the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Interview

The Interview process was very professional and coordinated well. Explained in detail from Recruiters, HR and the actual Interview notification to completion. The agenda given out at the beginning of the interview was very helpful with in forming you how the process would go for the time frame you are scheduled.

Interview Questions

• I do not wish to disclose this, out of integrity to the company. However, I will say, each interviewer was professional, concise and well prepared.   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minooka, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Minooka, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very fast. I was called on Monday, interviewed Wednesday and hired Friday. During interview we talked about my resume and behavioral questions. I did a tour of warehouse and had a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it ?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2017.

Interview

Was pretargeted by them before our career fair. Met them at the career fair and had a great conversation. Interview was 2 30 minute interviews that were one on one with different people. Behavioral based and conversational.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minooka, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Minooka, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I had two on-site interviews, I found the management team very knowledgeable with numerous years with the company. The Hr Manager was very impressionable. I highly recommend people inquire about the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions that required you to be very detailed to show your knowledge.   Answer Question

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Very quick, to the point and transparent. Very good experience. First phone screen, the in person interview. The phone screen with the recruiter was extremely beneficial as she explained the process step by step.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake and that impacted the rest of your team, and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was called within a couple of days. The process moved very quickly. Phone screen with recruiter, face-to-face within a week with 3-person panel, a third (and fourth) interview within a few days with two different sales managers, as well as an hour-long shadowing session with one of the inside sales account managers. Everybody was friendly - but I was confused by why the sales manager in the third interview seemed to be trying to dissuade me from being interested in the job. ??? I found this very unprofessional. In the end, I received a call that they felt I was "overqualified" and should apply for an outside sales position. Props, at least, to the company/recruiter for personally calling me to tell me I did not get the job. I appreciated that.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions... tell me about a time you... what was the action you took... what was the result.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

A phone interview/screening by a recruiter first. Followed by an interview in person with a manager, followed by a final phone interview. Several situational questions were asked each time and each interview was approximately 30 minutes, give or take.