W.W. Grainger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

An in-house recruiter contacted me for the initial phone interview. The recruiter gave me great advise for my interview. The second interview was located at a hotel with two interviewees; an outside sales manager and someone who had experience in the inside sales position. I spoke to my recruiter. but I never heard from her again after the interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview over the phone with a recruiter. Interview in person with current employees. Interview over the phone with current upper level management. Typical specific situational questions. All interviewers where very nice, to the point, helpful.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifically but similar to: Tell me about a specific time when things didn't go as planned with a customer. How was it handled and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Full of lies with saying we would get 4% of sales each month! Saying we would make tons of money and if we are ready to make money! Totally mislead and lied too and it's unfortunate as I wanted to retire with this company. Everything they mentioned with the benefits was accurate but the compensation was inaccurate

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to make a lot of money?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. Communication person is nice and replied in a relatively fast way. The questions were not very hard to answer. Many questions tied to the resume.

Interview Questions

• Could you provide me an example of using a analytical tool?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and was approached by the hiring consultant next week to schedule a first round interview. Pretty basic behavioral questions and she gave a lot of emphasis on the new projects the group is going to implement. She scheduled an on-site interview within two weeks. Interviewed with two managers. The entire interview was conducted excellently and it felt like a conversation and not a question and answer kind of interview.
    The most important aspect they wanted to look for was the ability to solve new problems, drilling the point of quickly performing in new projects. They liked the ideas that I gave them and it ended well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example where you managed a small task to perfection?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Beaumont, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter over the phone and she explained the roles of the position and salary and such. Asked me if I was interested in what the job description entailed. So we scheduled a phone interview about a few days later. Basically, went like any other interview. History and background questions and then the star format of questions. I have no other experience in sales so those questions proved to be difficult.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you failed at something and what was your reaction and result?   1 Answer

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It started early in the morning around 8 am and ended around noon. Had interviews with 4 employees each from a different department. The setting and attitude were friendly. All the interviews started with simple, generic questions and turned graudally into industry/company-specific questions. One other thing to note is do not make any plans for the rest of the day because they offer you a lunch(at the workplace) with other candidates and some employees after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was the favorite class in your degree?
      What was the least favorite thing about your degree?
      What is your weakness?
      Why are you interested about your degree?
      What did you think about grainger.com website? Any usability issues?
      What do you hope to gain from this internship experience?
      What made you interested in grainger?
      Give me an example of a usability issue you may find in our website and how would you support to solve it with user research? What would you use a method and why?
      What do you think about agile methodology and its implement in a company like grainger?
      Do you have any questions to me?
      Answer Question

Product Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by back-to-back interviews with manager/director from three different product categories. 45 minutes was scheduled per group. Interview process was pretty grueling compared to other companies I've experienced. Behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you worked closely with a person that you clashed with. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview

Initially, I applied through my university's career website. I was selected to have an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long. I interviewed with one of the recruiters for 30 mins and then the other for another 30 mins. Pretty basic interview questions such as walking through your resume and behavioral questions. Received a call for the next round of interviews

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to use analytical procedures?
      Explain a time when you had to step into a leadership position
      Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer contacted me two days before the interview. It was conducted by two individuals for one hour each. The quesetions were simple interview questions asking to give an overview of resume and then behavioral questions. Afterwards, time was alllotted for questions.

There are a total 2 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• Walked through experience, Behavioral questions on working with teams and tackling obstacles, and a simple conceptual question.   Answer Question