W.W. Grainger Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2017

3.4

Fied Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview will lead to in person interview . 5 star process is what they are hoping you use to answer their questions. why should I hire you?

Interview Questions

• you asked to provided examples of time when you had a challenge ,that you would often experience in this position and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me within couple of days and had and easy phone interview. Went in for an in person with 2 groups of 2 managers. Every manager was nice and easy to talk to. Mostly behavioral questions. It took them a while to finally hire me. 2 months total from applying to first day at work. I didn't get the ops job but they liked me enough to offer a sales associate position.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had 3 telephone interviews and then 2 face to face interviews. All in different days. I was led to believe that I was going to receive an offer. After 5th interview I waiting for an email or a call for a week. Then I finally reached out and got a reply stating that I was not selected. I am extremely disappointed. The process was extremely drawn out and I wasted numerous days interviewing and a lot of prep time was put into it. I had to decline other job interviews because I had to conduct 5 total with Grainger.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions were asked (behavioral questions) I prepare by doing some research and I also prepared by checking out numerous YouTube videos on STAR interviews.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview over the phone with a recruiter. Interview in person with current employees. Interview over the phone with current upper level management. Typical specific situational questions. All interviewers where very nice, to the point, helpful.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifically but similar to: Tell me about a specific time when things didn't go as planned with a customer. How was it handled and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a formal panel Interview with thee people sitting about 10 feet away facing me. The process lasted several hours. Each interviewer asked several questions pertaining to why I felt qualified for the job and how I would bring success to their team.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most recent success and how do you see that transferring to success in this role.   Answer Question