W.W. Grainger Supply Chain Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer contacted me two days before the interview. It was conducted by two individuals for one hour each. The quesetions were simple interview questions asking to give an overview of resume and then behavioral questions. Afterwards, time was alllotted for questions.

There are a total 2 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• Walked through experience, Behavioral questions on working with teams and tackling obstacles, and a simple conceptual question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Grainger

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and got an interview. I was interviewed by a nice lady. It was a behavioral interview lasting about 15 minutes. She asked a few questions about my resume first and then asked me several behavior questions. We finished off with several questions from me.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through contact made during the career fair as the college posting did not allow international students to apply. Not too difficult as it was mostly behavioral (4 back to back interviews). There was one 15 minute case study which was an analysis of a business problem they dealt with during the last year.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Would you choose people from different backgrounds or the same background when trying to build a team   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Job Board, Kelly Connect. I was selected for an on-campus 30 minute interview. The interview was very loosely structured; it felt more like a conversation than an interview. I was given a 3 minute interval to tell him everything Grainger should know about me and we proceeded from there. We covered a few behavioral questions: How have you dealt with a difficult colleague?, How have you handled negative feedback? After about 15 minutes, we switched to a more technical interview discussing product management, lead times, capacity and sourcing requirements.

Interview Questions

• If a company comes to us and wants Product X once a week for a year, what questions would you ask the customer and management to decide whether this product should be purchased once per week or all 52 at once?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Interview

First interview: On campus, 45 minutes. Few behavioral questions, nothing technical
    Second Interview: Final Round, 4 Interviews (2 on 1), behavioral "tell me about a time", nothing too technical, few situational questions nothing tough.

Interview Questions

• What are some important metrics important for forecasting warehouse inventory?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (East Lansing, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Met them at university career fair. The staff were friendly and very casual which reflected their culture.

Interview Questions

• A technical question was asked regarding a customer wanting 50 of our product over 10 weeks. Would you prefer to give him/her all of the products at once or over the time period and why. Also, what would you take into account to determine your answer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

1st round: College Campus Interview, two half hour behavioral interviews. 2nd round: On-Site Interview, four 45 minute interviews back to back with 15 min break after the second interview. All interviews were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in work or school where you have taken a risk and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not accepted yet, but I am in the process of making a decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

All behavioral questions, 2 consecutive half-hour long on campus interviews with two different interviewers, talk through the the experiences in resume, nothing too unexpected

Interview Questions

• He repeated a similar behavioral question as what he already asked, and I did not have prepared another example for that, since I kind of answered that question from the previous answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

The hiring process was tiring and thorough. It included a phone interview, an on-campus interview and a 5 hour in-person interview. The in-person interview included four 45 minute 1-on-1 interviews. Although there were some very basic case questions, the majority of the time was spent answering specific questions about previous experiences, my career passions/aspirations and the job position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. I think the most unexpected question was, "how do your passions align with this job position?" It caught me a bit off-guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Janesville, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

they contacted me via email and we corresponded back and forth setting up a time to talk on the phone. the recruiter called me and we talked for about 10 minutes. General questions were asked and a couple of what if situational questions. she told me that she would be in touch after meeting with the department manager, took a couple of weeks and I was emailed that the position was put on hold and to keep my resume updated on their site.