W.W. Grainger Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Grainger Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Inn, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Fountain Inn, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Took a tour, typical interview questions. labor position. Three people in the interview room. After job was accepted 2 week on-boarding process. Needed to do a better job of actual work environment

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle the physical demands of this job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Grainger

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Malvern, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward- they go through a standard format where they ask about overcoming adversity in the workplace. "when were you faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it". You are prepped by a recruiter going in so nothing really comes as a surprise. Interview was kind of a formality as it wasn't a very in-demand position.

Interview Questions

• when were you faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate- I was a student at the time and was happy to be offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview before I got called in for an in person interview. I interviewed with both the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager. The interview seemed to follow the S.T.A.R. format. I've had a few interviews for other internal positions that all followed the same format.

Interview Questions

• What was one situation where I came up with a inovative solution to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger (Inglewood, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter who asked me a few questions about my past employment experience. Then I was contacted again by the same recruiter after about a week later to set up an interview with the branch manager. I met with the branch manager for an interview and she asked basic questions regarding general warehouse work (I applied for a warehouse associate position). Her questions included how accurate I consider myself to be when receiving and picking items.

Interview Questions

• "if it's the end of your shift and you still have a lot of work to do, what would you do?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. After the interview I got a phone call with the job offer and a starting hourly wage

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W.W. Grainger in May 2012.

Interview

After I applied, I had to go into the facility to take a test that measured accuracy and speed based on word association and numbers. I interviewed with the manager of the department that I would be working in. After a tour of the facility, and a 1 on 1 interview, I went to the drug/background check. After that, I was accepted into the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have that would apply to this job?   Answer Question