W.W. Norton College Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at W.W. Norton

4.0

College Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone screen from the regional sales manager, then an in-person interview with the same manager. After that, I was flown to New York for a full day of interviews at the main Norton office. I met with editors, marketers, digital marketers, the head of the college department, and even the president. Lunch was an interview with editors and the national sales manager.

Interview Questions

• "What have you been reading lately?"
     "What does a sales job mean to you?"
    Normal behavioral interview questions ("Tell me about a time when..." etc.).
    "Sell this pen to me"
    "If you were to be talking a professor in X field, how would you engage them in a conversation?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Norton

College Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a 4-part interview process - mine took over 9 weeks and 10 individual interviews.

First, the region manager called me for a phone interview. Next, there was an in-person interview over lunch at a local restaurant. Next, I spoke with two other regional managers in individual phone interviews. Finally, I was flown to NYC for an all-day interview process. There were 6 people I met with (up to and including the National Sales Directior and National Marketing Director.) Each NYC interview was 30 minutes back-to-back with lunch in the middle. W. W. Norton reimburses for travel/food expenses accrued during the one night in NYC, they covered hotel and flight costs.

Interview Questions

• Multiple times I was asked, "Why Sales?" since I had no direct sales background and was an English major/previous marketing and videography experience.   Answer Question