W.W. Norton Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Norton Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at W.W. Norton

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. Pretty brief only took about 15 min or so. Make sure you have questions to ask them at the end too. Mostly went over things she found interesting or pertinent on my resume and then asked what kind of lit I would enjoy reading and working on. Gave a day to day rundown of intern responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Norton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview first. Group interview with a bunch of entry level employees. The interview was very short and they asked about what tools I'd used before. They asked if they could pass my resume onto other departments but I never heard anything after that.

Intern Interview

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was promptly reached out to and given some potential interview times-- all very cordial and required little effort. Despite not getting the offer, I left feeling that the company culture (or at least what I saw of it) was professional and ambitious yet it seemed to promote a sense of ease in its environment and employees.

Interview Questions

• Why go with publishing over [another field I am interested in]?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed with two assistants, who were super lovely and easy to talk to. They asked about my past experience, particularly anything that related to books. About a week later, I was offered the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Norton.

Interview

I applied for an intern position at W.W.Norton and heard back from the company about a week or two later. We set up a one on one interview (no phone screen) for the next week. It was all quick, easy and my interviewer was really nice. The rooms are really small/no windows, which can be a killer for some people, but it's quiet, professional and "solid" from what I gathered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into publishing, rather than editing? It's not a hard question, but they really want to see your passion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Was talked at by one person for about twenty minutes. She told me all about Norton, showed me work in progress on a draft of a book, and explained how she got to her current position. I had a chance to interrupt a few times and express interest in what she was talking about/show her that I had some knowledge, but didn't really have an opportunity to talk much about the position. She passed me off to the next person, who didn't really ask me many questions/wasn't very personable. All in all, not the greatest interview experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.W. Norton.

Interview

Got an email back after applying through my university, phone interview then scheduled an in-person interview. Heard back a few weeks later. Pretty easy process! Interview questions are usually unique to the person interviewing you/your manager.

Interview Questions

• What about your previous experience would help you for this internship, do you have any previous experience, why W.W. Norton, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Norton in November 2014.

Interview

After I sent in my resume and cover letter, I was contacted about a week and a half later via email. We set up the interview for three days later. The interview was in the conference room, just myself and the interviewer. It was very relaxed. The interviewer was nice and responded to many of the points I made which made me feel more comfortable. The whole interview lasted about 40 minutes. A week and a half (plus a follow up email) later I received there decision, also via email.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite task to do and why, and, also, what is your least favorite task to do and why?   1 Answer