W.W. Norton Publicity Assistant (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at W.W. Norton

1 Interview Review

2.0

Publicity Assistant (UK) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I sent in CV & Cover Letter - was called in for first interview - saw Head of Publicity and MD, great reception, very warm and friendly, usual questions of going through my experience and how I'd fit the job. Called back for a second interview, had to prepare a press release and a publicity plan for one of their titles. At second interview, went through the project with Head of Publicity and MD and then had a serious of really informal questions about me (my hobbies, my family etc. - I think they were trying to gage me as a person rather than an employee). Also had short interviews with Sales Director and Marketing Manager (second opinions I suppose). I was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the history and ethos of the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as it was a first job and I was satisfied with what they offered. My only advice would be to be yourself and also to be upfront about reasons you might want to turn it down, as since being here and seeing it from the other side it can be frustrating to offer a position and have it turned down.