W.W. Norton Sales Representative/Traveler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Norton Sales Representative/Traveler Interview Questions

Interviews at W.W. Norton

1 Interview Review

Sales Representative/Traveler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Norton in June 2014.

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was more of a conversation and lasted about 30 minutes and included also questions like what books were sitting next to my bed and what deceased people would I like to have dinner with. I then had to submit a written statement answering 4-5 more questions.

I then had interviews with 2 other district mangers from different regions. Both were more of conversations, rather than interviews. Both questioned me on previously working for a larger publishers and why I would want to work for a small publisher with less resources.

I was then asked to meet the hiring manager for an in person meeting. They were pressed on time to make final selections to fly to NYC and I was asked to drive to meet 3 hours away with less than a day notice. I couldn't meet on the day he requested as I was traveling for my current job and then sent an email that they were going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name two deceased people who you would like to have dinner with. What college class, outside of your major, did you most enjoy (strange question as I've been out of college for years).   Answer Question