W.W. Norton Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Norton Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at W.W. Norton

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The process was exceedingly long and if I wasn't in need of a job I would have dropped out. 14 interviews in a combination of phone and in-person. Took nearly four months to get an offer and that completely compromised my planning for the sales year and caused me to have to target on the fly.

Interview Questions

• the interviews were more like conversations and I didn't really remember any gotcha and toughj questions. They are very protective of fittihng into the culture there and that's not a bad thing. My manager wasn't up front with the bonus plan and how it relates to rookie reps. I would not have accepted the offer if I knew that rookies were on a different bonus plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were a bit under pressure to fill the position and I wasn't in a position to play hardball so I'm not sure if I can comment for the way the negotiations are normally handled.

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Norton

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly intense. Lots of questions with 10+ interviewers for the day. A lot of repeating of questions to make sure we were saying the same answers over and over again. The actual day of interviewing was long, but the process from start to finish (submission of resume to job offer) was only about 10 days, so I felt that was pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer in particular completely turned what I said on its head and misspoke what I was saying, so the follow up questions were totally unrelated to what we had just talked about. I think it was a tactic to throw me off and see how I reacted. It happens on the job, so it's an important skill.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It didn't exist. I was given a salary and told "this is as high as I can go due to XYZ factors." It was disappointing, since I took a significant pay cut to work at the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

It's an intense interview process that involves approx. 10 interviews total (some on the phone, some in person). I respected the fact that they devoted so much time and energy to each prospect. They clearly want to hire employees whose goals align with the company's, and they care both about your experience/background and ability to fit in, and work well with, the other sales reps, marketers, editors, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into sales? Especially since you haven't done it before...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was quite impressed with the interview process. The regional sales manager was quick to respond to any of my questions and very personable. After completing the norton candidate profile, I was contacted almost immediately to set up a phone interview. Within a week we had an in person interview. I was impressed with the questions asked and just how interested the regionals manager was in my thoughts about the job position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being called a sales representative?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at W.W. Norton.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews with person hiring for position and 2 senior level employees. Phone conversations were generally positive and fairly in-depth. Each interviewer had different methodology when asking such as Q&A, discussion, and conversational. I was able to articulate my strengths and experience while also asking some questions about company culture. Interviewers expressing varying levels of interest in me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet any historical figure dead or alive, who would it be and why?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a long, intense series of interviews, by phone and in person (at W.W. Norton's New York headquarters), for a regional sales representative position. I was not offered the position in the region I applied for and was not willing to consider moving to a different state.

Interview Questions

• If you were to accept this position, how would you describe your job in 1-2 sentences?   Answer Question