W.W. Norton Traveler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W.W. Norton Traveler Interview Questions

Interviews at W.W. Norton

3.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at W.W. Norton (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Very competitive and lengthy interview process. Numerous phone interviews, and a written assignment before the offer of an in person interview in the New York office. The interview in the office is a full day event - eight 30 min interviews, and usually a lunch as well. It is all well worth it though!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is negotiable, but I didn't know this at the time, and was just happy to be offered a job with a salary and benefits!

Other Interview Reviews for W.W. Norton

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Highly competitive nation wide sales openings are just the start to a very intense interview process. After submitting an successful application, you will have 3 phone interviews with regional managers. If you get the thumbs up, you will then be given a writing assignment to complete in an hour. If successful here, you will be invited to the New York office to interview with between 6 and 8 people (individually). Survive this day with the thumbs up of all or most - you should get a job offer very soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Answering questions based on specific sales scenarios when I had no previous sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary is negotiable.

Traveler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at W.W. Norton.

Interview

It's an arduous process for management and those being interviewed, but they want to hire human beings -- not number-crunching sales people who are desperate to 'reach their goal number.'
    Intelligent, articulate, goal-oriented individuals genuinely interested in publishing/the dissemination of information will do well. Just research the company, explain why you want to work at W.W. Norton, and ask lots of questions so you understand what it's really like.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one question that was more difficult or unexpected, people want to get to know you and match your values and long term goals with theirs -- if you love publishing, challenges, traveling and are generally positive you're a great match and don't worry.   Answer Question

Traveler Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at W.W. Norton in May 2012.

Interview

This was a demanding interview process. After a phone interview with my direct supervisor, I did two more phone interview with other people at the same management level as my supervisor. Then I flew to New York for a full day interview with approximately 10 editors and marketers. I was in New York for less than 24 hours, but they were exhausting! A few days later they asked for references, and the next day I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• It isn't unexpected, but coming up with a good answer to "What are you reading right now?" was difficult for me knowing the history and prestige of the firm.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was entry level (and outside my previous field) it didn't seem appropriate to negotiate.