WANdisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WANdisco Interview Questions

Interviews at WANdisco

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WANdisco.

Interview

First, you do a code challenge. If you pass that, then you get a call with the hiring manager. Never heard back despite sending 2 follow-up emails to the recruiter on different weeks.

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WANdisco (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

super great interview process. Meet a lot of people and leanrn a lot. Three people interviewed me. The interview is very fast and all about java position. How to use the great java. some algorithm and datastructure questions

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WANdisco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was scheduled for a Phone Screen Interview, but then I was notified that there would be a coding round instead just half an hour before the call. It was a 1:1 Coding round on the Phone with a Software Engineer. Was asked basic Data Structures and Algorithm Questions asked in most of the Technical Interviews. Interviewer was good and helped during the call. Even told what I need to focus on for future interviews.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WANdisco (Sheffield, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stage interview process. First stage was just getting to know each other, and for them to gage my experience. Quite informal and easy going. It was with a lead developer and I think a product manager.

Second stage involved a JavaScript exercise, a small Angular project, an interview with the lead developers and HR.

Not really sure of the purpose of the Angular project considering it was for a junior role. Most companies are only interested in your ability to code. Part of the test was also to set up your bash profile and install node, which I found quite bizzare. As a developer with around 3 years experience, I found it a little condescending/confusing. I had a little trouble with angular, but given that the guy overseeing my test also couldn't complete the tasks, I didn't think that would be a problem. I was later stunned to find out that my inexperience with angular was the reason I wasn't successful. It's not a surprise Sheffield has a trouble developing tech talent if they expect their juniors to already be experienced developers.

If you don't already know the technology you're interviewing for inside and out, I would avoid this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WANdisco (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was invited for a short chat first, so I could learn a bit about the company, the products, the role they're recruiting for, the culture, etc. and the team could learn a bit about me and see if we're compatible, etc.

It was a pleasure to chat to like minded people and learn about the exciting work they do and it was very refreshing to see the engineering team being treated like adults and given the freedom to work however they see fit.

Since both sides were interested in proceeding, I was invited for an interview.

The interview was really just another chat that allowed us to geek out around a series of technical questions. The questions are straightforward and aim to gauge your knowledge based on the depth of the answers.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WANdisco (Sheffield, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First part was technical questions then half hour for a written test based on a scenario. That process took around 45 minutes followed by HR joining to ask basic HR questions.