WE Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WE Communications Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Spoke to someone in HR. Questions asked were basic, primarily in regards to previous responsibilities. Was told they were working on scheduling an interview but nothing seemed to happen, even after following up.

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a member of HR to setup an initial phone interview. The phone interview covered basic questions about my background (education, experience, and interests in PR). I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with the two supervisors of the intern program. The interview went well, covering a variety of situational questions. The interviewers were very friendly, and the office seemed very focused, yet casual. I was then contacted by the initial recruiter, and was told that I was one of many qualified applicants, but ultimately was not selected.

PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WE Communications.

Interview

It started as email communication to set up a time to chat over the phone. Once scheduled over the phone, we talked about previous experience, PR related experience and overall background. The conversation led to the overall Interview Program and the company history. After there were about 3-4 interview questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by a Senior Account Executive where she provided me with dates and time for a phone interview. The interview included background about the internship program, the expectations of the interns, what I can expect from the internship, a an exchange of questions from both of us.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WE Communications.

Interview

Most questions are behavioral, and not hypothetical, which does make them difficult.

"Tell me about a time when you had to show leadership"

"Tell me about a time where you were really proud of the work you did"

Interview Questions

• Mostly "name a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really negotiable at entry level.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very professional and dialed out. The hiring staff really seems to have their pulse on the company needs and fit. I have only done two rounds of interviews so far, but I'm very impressed with the the process and understanding. These are very experienced people who have been through a lot and know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for multiple positions?   1 Answer

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Email process trying to get in contact with a recruiter. I have found that you pretty much need to know someone in the company to get an interview.

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. She didn't seem to ask me anything about my experience, only asking me to describe my other jobs. At this point, I had a lot of work experience that included PR, but not with with Public Relations titles. I think they were looking for someone with more traditional PR experience.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Lake Oswego, OR).

Interview

One in-person and a number of phone interviews... it took me four months to get hired, and I was considered for three jobs before I finally got the fourth (I was either overqualified or it was filled internally.) Communication with HR was spotty at best... promised calls not returned, etc. The staffing person I worked with no longer works there, but I am not sure how much better it is now.

Interview Questions

• I only remember someone asking what publications I read regularly--I don't recall it being a very squeamish interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $2k more than I was offered, and they accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications.

Interview

After submitting my resume through a contact at my university, I received an email from HR and we had an initial 30-minute phone interview about a week later. It was your pretty standard HR job interview -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, strengths/weaknesses. Then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager (this was the toughest interview, but I knew my stuff so no major challenges), and finally an in-person interview with the director of the practice area I was trying to join. Last step was a phone call with the VP for the practice area -- very casual conversation with some more questions about my interest in PR and that practice area in particular.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends that you expect to become essential in PR/this practice area?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

My interview process comprised:
    Phone screening
    Two additional phone calls with team members (one was a 1:1, the second was with two people)
    In-person meeting (two people)

The internal WE recruiters are very nice, though they can take a while to respond. They also touted benefits that I later discovered were not available to me because of my team (WFH and flex options). Be wary of everything the recruiter dangles because it can be inaccurate.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about my past projects and experience. They also asked repeatedly if I was comfortable working with ambiguity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated for a higher salary