WE Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WE Communications Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Portland, OR).

Interview

So very organized, everyone within the office was friendly and welcoming. This was my second interview, the first interview was conducted over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me what on her computer the whole time typing, which was weird. She hardly made eye contact and I thought she was working and not listening to my answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle deadlines on multiple projects at once?
      What's an example where you had to deal with a stressful problem, and how did you resolve it?
      1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I highly recommend checking out previous Glassdoor reviews on interviews at Waggener; they were very helpful to me throughout interviewing.

My process included submitting my resume through a friend who worked there and four interviews with seven people total, two of whom I work with regularly. Overall, I was very happy with how interviewers and recruiters accommodated my scheduling needs as well as how transparent my main recruiter was toward the end. The hiring process was very process-heavy but employee behavior was casual and welcoming.

My first impressions of the recruiters were not strong. The first interview was a typical recruiter phone screen. She gauged my interest in two open jobs then went radio silent for more than a month without a good explanation or updates. I found out via my friend who worked there that it was because Microsoft was figuring out its PR budget for the next fiscal year. She then passed me to a recruiter who I worked with to get my current job. That recruiter and I had a call where she gauged my interest in a new job. It frustrated me how she misinformed me on the job's scope - including number of clients I would work on - but she ended up being very helpful later on in the process.

I then had two rounds of in-person interviews with people in the department I work in, through which I got a much clearer idea of what the position would be and what Waggener culture is like. I think I would have had the option to tell the recruiter I would prefer to keep looking at other teams but I didn't.

After the interviews, the recruiter let me know that I was getting an offer but had to complete a writing test and send references first. The writing test was easy, and I liked that I could complete it at home. She kept me informed on the time frame for the day they wanted me to start so both she and I could keep the offer and negotiation process moving quickly.

Interview Questions

• The last stage in interviewing is a form that includes three professional references and two editorial references. Depending on the position, you may not need editorial ones, but you should confirm you don't have to submit them.   1 Answer
    • "What do you do say to a client when you under-deliver on what you have promised them?"   1 Answer
    • "Talk about a strategy you developed and presented to a client."   1 Answer
    • "Can you talk about at time when something didn't go as planned and you had to change course part-way through a project?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was brief and consisted of two phone calls with the recruiter I worked with most of the time. I had a set salary amount I was aiming for based on pre-existing knowledge of the range AAEs get paid at Wag Ed. The recruiter offered me a signing bonus that was the difference in what they initially offered and what I wanted for annual salary. It may have helped that I had emphasized throughout the interview process that I was performing a lot of tasks in my current job above what many AAEs do and wanted my new job duties and compensation to reflect that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

After applying to the internship program, I heard from a recruiter within the next day. The phone screening was enjoyable, and I ended up talking to the recruiter for over an hour. She made me feel comfortable throughout the interview and it felt more like a conversation, rather than an interview. A week later, I was invited into the office for an interview. The in-office interview was quite different than what I expected based on the phone interview. I felt like the interviewer wasn't enthusiastic or trying to get to know me. I left feeling like I didn't cover the nature of my experiences holistically and thoroughly. It also felt very rushed. The recruiter once again followed up, and overall made the experience relatively positive. Be prepared to have situations from past experiences ready for a variety of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• - Is there anything you would like to make sure I know before the interview?
      - What is the most creative thing you've ever done?
      - What is your interest in technology?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy which was great as you were able to have a chance to talk and learn from many of your potential peers and colleagues. For this role I had three phone interviews, one with the main internal recruiter, one with the hiring manager and then another with peers on the proposed team. I then had in-person interviews with the hiring manager and then a final phone interview with potential colleagues that I would be working with from regional offices.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application through their automated system and was contacted via email from their Talent Acquisition team. I had telephone interviews with the TA Partner, Account Manager, and Account Director. I was supposed to interview with the SVP of the practice, but she became unavailable due to a client conflict.

I was also asked to send writing samples to them.

All of the interviews started at the time they scheduled them to happen and they were very professional and very positive. The HR and Talent Acquisition teams even sent me email updates on what the next steps were even before I decided to follow-up. I really appreciated that gesture, it shows professionalism and courtesy on their part.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to convince your senior managers or executive team to do something that they didn't want to do. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you come up with the strategy to communicate it (specific to the job)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I suppose that with many prestigious agencies in the US and around the world, there are many "invisible" factors that help to determine your candidacy as a potential employee. Although I easily had a year experience interning under my belt, I was told that I did not meet the qualifications.
    However, the panel I interviewed with was very nice and engaging, yet I find it absurd that even with my experience, I was not offered the position. I was later not selected for Fall Intern interviews. It makes me believe that hard working individuals are often overlooked for those who have connections in the industry. I admit that I have a biased opinion because I was not offered the position, however, it was an insult to hear that I did not qualify based on my experience.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

One of the most thorough interview processes in the industry. Spoke to many team members, so they really go to know my background and experience, and I could gain a better understanding of their working environment and expectations. Meetings were via phone mostly, but then in person. It was one of the longer processes I have seen, but a good idea for both the candidate and the company to make sure there's a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging problem you have experienced in your career?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Three phone calls - two with recruiting and one with a specific team, and then an in-person panel interview with 11 managers, followed by two more phone calls. It was a lengthy process and the in-person panel interview was tough as it was hard to prepare for a specific role as several teams were represented. I was fortunate and had an instant connection to one of the teams represented and ended up getting hired on to that team.

Interview Questions

• How do you manager your time? What projects have you worked on? Why do you want to work here? What do you bring to the agency?   Answer Question

Senior Events Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a call back within 48 hours. The interview process began with a number of phone interviews; primarily because the Senior-Level staff of the Events team was located on the West Coast, although the position was being offered in NYC.

After 3-4 phone interviews. I moved on to 3 face-to-face interviews. From there, I was notified that it was down to myself and another person and after calling repeatedly I was later notified that the position was offered to the other candidate.

The experience was pleasant but long. Please be prepared with patience.