WE Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

3.1

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Email process trying to get in contact with a recruiter. I have found that you pretty much need to know someone in the company to get an interview.

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. She didn't seem to ask me anything about my experience, only asking me to describe my other jobs. At this point, I had a lot of work experience that included PR, but not with with Public Relations titles. I think they were looking for someone with more traditional PR experience.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Lake Oswego, OR).

Interview

One in-person and a number of phone interviews... it took me four months to get hired, and I was considered for three jobs before I finally got the fourth (I was either overqualified or it was filled internally.) Communication with HR was spotty at best... promised calls not returned, etc. The staffing person I worked with no longer works there, but I am not sure how much better it is now.

Interview Questions

• I only remember someone asking what publications I read regularly--I don't recall it being a very squeamish interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $2k more than I was offered, and they accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications.

Interview

After submitting my resume through a contact at my university, I received an email from HR and we had an initial 30-minute phone interview about a week later. It was your pretty standard HR job interview -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, strengths/weaknesses. Then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager (this was the toughest interview, but I knew my stuff so no major challenges), and finally an in-person interview with the director of the practice area I was trying to join. Last step was a phone call with the VP for the practice area -- very casual conversation with some more questions about my interest in PR and that practice area in particular.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends that you expect to become essential in PR/this practice area?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

My interview process comprised:
    Phone screening
    Two additional phone calls with team members (one was a 1:1, the second was with two people)
    In-person meeting (two people)

The internal WE recruiters are very nice, though they can take a while to respond. They also touted benefits that I later discovered were not available to me because of my team (WFH and flex options). Be wary of everything the recruiter dangles because it can be inaccurate.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about my past projects and experience. They also asked repeatedly if I was comfortable working with ambiguity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated for a higher salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Portland, OR).

Interview

So very organized, everyone within the office was friendly and welcoming. This was my second interview, the first interview was conducted over the phone.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews and an in person interview that included Skype with the team in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Pretty typical for a public relations interview I think. It was straightforward and not too stressful.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me what on her computer the whole time typing, which was weird. She hardly made eye contact and I thought she was working and not listening to my answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle deadlines on multiple projects at once?
      What's an example where you had to deal with a stressful problem, and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I highly recommend checking out previous Glassdoor reviews on interviews at Waggener; they were very helpful to me throughout interviewing.

My process included submitting my resume through a friend who worked there and four interviews with seven people total, two of whom I work with regularly. Overall, I was very happy with how interviewers and recruiters accommodated my scheduling needs as well as how transparent my main recruiter was toward the end. The hiring process was very process-heavy but employee behavior was casual and welcoming.

My first impressions of the recruiters were not strong. The first interview was a typical recruiter phone screen. She gauged my interest in two open jobs then went radio silent for more than a month without a good explanation or updates. I found out via my friend who worked there that it was because Microsoft was figuring out its PR budget for the next fiscal year. She then passed me to a recruiter who I worked with to get my current job. That recruiter and I had a call where she gauged my interest in a new job. It frustrated me how she misinformed me on the job's scope - including number of clients I would work on - but she ended up being very helpful later on in the process.

I then had two rounds of in-person interviews with people in the department I work in, through which I got a much clearer idea of what the position would be and what Waggener culture is like. I think I would have had the option to tell the recruiter I would prefer to keep looking at other teams but I didn't.

After the interviews, the recruiter let me know that I was getting an offer but had to complete a writing test and send references first. The writing test was easy, and I liked that I could complete it at home. She kept me informed on the time frame for the day they wanted me to start so both she and I could keep the offer and negotiation process moving quickly.

Interview Questions

• The last stage in interviewing is a form that includes three professional references and two editorial references. Depending on the position, you may not need editorial ones, but you should confirm you don't have to submit them.   1 Answer
    • "What do you do say to a client when you under-deliver on what you have promised them?"   1 Answer
    • "Talk about a strategy you developed and presented to a client."   1 Answer
    • "Can you talk about at time when something didn't go as planned and you had to change course part-way through a project?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was brief and consisted of two phone calls with the recruiter I worked with most of the time. I had a set salary amount I was aiming for based on pre-existing knowledge of the range AAEs get paid at Wag Ed. The recruiter offered me a signing bonus that was the difference in what they initially offered and what I wanted for annual salary. It may have helped that I had emphasized throughout the interview process that I was performing a lot of tasks in my current job above what many AAEs do and wanted my new job duties and compensation to reflect that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

After applying to the internship program, I heard from a recruiter within the next day. The phone screening was enjoyable, and I ended up talking to the recruiter for over an hour. She made me feel comfortable throughout the interview and it felt more like a conversation, rather than an interview. A week later, I was invited into the office for an interview. The in-office interview was quite different than what I expected based on the phone interview. I felt like the interviewer wasn't enthusiastic or trying to get to know me. I left feeling like I didn't cover the nature of my experiences holistically and thoroughly. It also felt very rushed. The recruiter once again followed up, and overall made the experience relatively positive. Be prepared to have situations from past experiences ready for a variety of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• - Is there anything you would like to make sure I know before the interview?
      - What is the most creative thing you've ever done?
      - What is your interest in technology?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy which was great as you were able to have a chance to talk and learn from many of your potential peers and colleagues. For this role I had three phone interviews, one with the main internal recruiter, one with the hiring manager and then another with peers on the proposed team. I then had in-person interviews with the hiring manager and then a final phone interview with potential colleagues that I would be working with from regional offices.