WGBH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 people at once. Asked questions straight from resume and takes down notes. Asks some questions about companies work and flexibility of schedule. Also makes sure you have reliable transportation.

Legal Position(S) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for two legal positions at two separate times.
    First job interview (last spring) met on two occasions with a total of six people and heard nothing back until over a month later; a phone call saying I did not get the position. No explanation.
    Second job interview (this fall), was contacted directly by WGBH and THEY asked ME to apply for a different position. Met with three people, was subjected to a writing assignment, then kept in the dark again for a month until I got a form email saying I did not get the position. Again, no explanation.
    The HR department seems very disorganized and the unit staff cannot seem to make timely decisions. The interviews were very easy, but the lack of communication, follow-up and common courtesy is frustrating. If I had been offered either of the positions, I would have had to think carefully about accepting the job. Do I really want to work with such unprofessional people? I've heard from past managers that HR will bring in and make units interview some candidates just for the EEO numbers and have no intention of hiring them. Very disappointing since I always admired WGBH. They just aren't what they appear to be; I won't waste my time ever applying again.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever written a contract?   1 Answer

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was asked to continue on a phone interview. The interviewer messed up my time and called over an hour late. She was very friendly, but seemed concerned with my inexperience as a recent graduate. She asked in depth questions with my experience with my previous jobs and the database's I was using.

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I first met with HR. I'd been asked to complete a job application form and handed it over. She explained about the company benefits. She also said that the company doesn't sponsor people. We talked, she asked a couple questions.
    Then we headed up to meet with the two supervisors for the position. They explained about the daily responsibilities, asked a few questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you experienced conflict at the workplace and how you solved it.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

Communication was excellent through out the process. I was sent several updates as people's schedules changed. I also appreciated that the recruiter was up front about benefits packages and salaries. I was impressed by culture and the employees - everyone I met was bright and enthusiastic. Truly a great place to work!

Special Projects Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with an HR Talent Acquisition Manager. I was then invited for an in-person interview with three people who work on the project team for the position I applied for. I was unable to come in for an interview so I really appreciated their flexibility in letting me interview via Skype. Each interview (including the one with HR) latest about 30 minutes. The only downside was that they took a very, very long time to inform me whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given a particularly challenging task and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I have ever had. I had a phone screen, wasn't positive I would get to the next round but was called in for an in-person. I had been told that I would be meeting with an HR representative first, then the person who would supervise the position. Instead, I was brought into someone's office by an intern, the person was on their computer typing away and didn't even look up to greet me. I sat at the table and waited for her to finish her email. When she finished, she sat down at the table, didn't introduce herself, asked me for a copy of my resume, and said "tell me about yourself."

There were no pleasantries and no attempt to make me feel at ease. She was thoroughly unprepared for the interview and unapologetic about it. She hadn't remembered that I had sent writing samples and popped on her computer during the interview to quickly scan them. Not the kind of attention I expect to be paid when I'm fully being considered for a position. Plus, since she didn't introduce herself, I didn't even know who she was at first! Eventually I figured out that she must have been the supervisor, not the HR representative, like I had originally been told.

After going into my spiel, and her telling me more about the position, it became extremely clear that the position was not a good fit for me. It did not sound interesting to me, and she expressed some reservations about my skill set. Fair enough, since I agreed with her. Bottom line, I never should have been brought in for this interview. The position was misrepresented to me by the HR person who did the phone screening and not sure why I was brought in...on a crappy snowy/sleety day no less. The whole experience was awful and unprofessional, and I wish I had never applied.

Head of Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WGBH (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Several interviews over several months. There were multiple phone screens, multiple in-person meetings with head hunter as well as discussions on how to best position myself. There was one in-person interview with the hiring manager. There was a lot of communication through out, mainly with the recruiter.

Program Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an HR rep to have a phone interview. The phone interview was very short (15 minutes) and standard phone screen questions. A few days later I was emailed to set up a Skype interview with the hiring manager. The morning of the interview I was emailed to reschedule the interview (no reason given). We rescheduled for a time that I was coincidentally going to be in Boston for a face to face interview. One day before that interview I was emailed to switch to Skype as they had closed the office for the day (weather related). Ten minutes before the interview was finally going to begin I was emailed to reschedule again because they had to cancel (again, no reason given). After emailing them my availability I didn't hear back for a few days until I was notified that I would no long be interviewed as they had filled the position.

My guess is that they just kept me on the backburner until their #1 choice accepted an offer.

Special Projects Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening followed by an in person interview. First with HR and then department Supervisor. Both very friendly and personable. HR discusses company benefits with you at first interview.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had a conflict with coworker or boss and how it was resolved.   Answer Question