WGBH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WGBH Interview Questions

2.7

Special Projects Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening followed by an in person interview. First with HR and then department Supervisor. Both very friendly and personable. HR discusses company benefits with you at first interview.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had a conflict with coworker or boss and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Special Projects Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with an HR Talent Acquisition Manager. I was then invited for an in-person interview with three people who work on the project team for the position I applied for. I was unable to come in for an interview so I really appreciated their flexibility in letting me interview via Skype. Each interview (including the one with HR) latest about 30 minutes. The only downside was that they took a very, very long time to inform me whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given a particularly challenging task and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Brighton, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview to discuss the position and my general background. It closed with plans to set up a meeting, and send a standard application form and an online test to complete.

The test was an online personality assessment survey.

The face-to-face meeting was separate interviews with the hiring manager and an HR representative.

The hiring manager went into detail about the organization, the history of the particular group and their needs. From there, it was a behavioral interview looking at how I respond to different types of situations.

The HR manager provided a general discussion of benefits. Very unnecessary at this stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult work situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later following up. I was asked if I was still interested, and when I replied, I set up a time for a phone interview. The interview was very brief, and I received an offer just a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 people at once. Asked questions straight from resume and takes down notes. Asks some questions about companies work and flexibility of schedule. Also makes sure you have reliable transportation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easygoing and casual. Just wanted to see if I was a good fit for the company, and probably easy because internship was unpaid. I enjoyed the interview and found my co workers to be very pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick & brief - pretty standard. I applied online, emailed back and forth and then got invited to the offices in Boston to interview in person and found out a week or so after I was offered the internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WGBH.

Interview

When being interviewed, my interviewer had her phone out on the desk, which is totally normal. I've seen it many times. What I hadn't seen, however, was someone who couldn't put it down. She was constantly typing away on it as I was answering her questions. Very off-putting. I'm surprised if she heard a fifth of what I was saying.

After the interview, I sent a thank you email and received nothing back.

Never heard if I got the internship or not.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WGBH.

Interview

Found the internship through university career fair. The interview went very well- mostly conversational. I met with the manager and another member of the accounting group. Both asked me questions and I was able to ask some of my own as well. I heard back from the company within a week after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews at WGBH: first a phone screening interview to talk about my resume and availability and a second in person interview with the hiring manager and a couple other members of the department. The second interview was more focused on my previous experience and possible internship projects.