WGBH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WGBH Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH.

Interview

They were very tech savvy, I had multiple interview via video conference and really got a feel for the culture. They attract smart talent and have a good human resources team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here? Why Human Resources? What are some of the challenges you have faced?   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Brighton, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview to discuss the position and my general background. It closed with plans to set up a meeting, and send a standard application form and an online test to complete.

The test was an online personality assessment survey.

The face-to-face meeting was separate interviews with the hiring manager and an HR representative.

The hiring manager went into detail about the organization, the history of the particular group and their needs. From there, it was a behavioral interview looking at how I respond to different types of situations.

The HR manager provided a general discussion of benefits. Very unnecessary at this stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult work situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email a month later from HR. I had a brief 15 minute phone interview with them and then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. It lasted about an hour and interviewed with three people.

Most of the questions are pretty on the book and dry interview questions. For example, what challenges you overcame, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WGBH in May 2017.

Interview

Easy online application, followed by a phone interview with HR that was pretty quick and too the point. I felt pretty positive about my chances after that. Later the same day they emailed me to schedule an interview, which was 3.5 hours long. About a week later I received a generic email saying they went with another candidate. Everyone was pleasant to speak with during the interview but I think its unfair to drag candidates through that long and rigorous of an interview process not knowing how seriously you're being considered for the position. That is an unusually long time to set aside for a job interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a situation where you had to problem solve without help from your supervisor   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 people at once. Asked questions straight from resume and takes down notes. Asks some questions about companies work and flexibility of schedule. Also makes sure you have reliable transportation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later following up. I was asked if I was still interested, and when I replied, I set up a time for a phone interview. The interview was very brief, and I received an offer just a few days later.

Digital Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

A relatively short interview. Basically just go through the resume. The manager ask the past and current projects and my availability for Spring 2017. Then she explained the logistic of the internship and show me the workplace. No surprise question.

Legal Position(S) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for two legal positions at two separate times.
    First job interview (last spring) met on two occasions with a total of six people and heard nothing back until over a month later; a phone call saying I did not get the position. No explanation.
    Second job interview (this fall), was contacted directly by WGBH and THEY asked ME to apply for a different position. Met with three people, was subjected to a writing assignment, then kept in the dark again for a month until I got a form email saying I did not get the position. Again, no explanation.
    The HR department seems very disorganized and the unit staff cannot seem to make timely decisions. The interviews were very easy, but the lack of communication, follow-up and common courtesy is frustrating. If I had been offered either of the positions, I would have had to think carefully about accepting the job. Do I really want to work with such unprofessional people? I've heard from past managers that HR will bring in and make units interview some candidates just for the EEO numbers and have no intention of hiring them. Very disappointing since I always admired WGBH. They just aren't what they appear to be; I won't waste my time ever applying again.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever written a contract?   1 Answer

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was asked to continue on a phone interview. The interviewer messed up my time and called over an hour late. She was very friendly, but seemed concerned with my inexperience as a recent graduate. She asked in depth questions with my experience with my previous jobs and the database's I was using.

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I first met with HR. I'd been asked to complete a job application form and handed it over. She explained about the company benefits. She also said that the company doesn't sponsor people. We talked, she asked a couple questions.
    Then we headed up to meet with the two supervisors for the position. They explained about the daily responsibilities, asked a few questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you experienced conflict at the workplace and how you solved it.   Answer Question