WGBH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2018

2.7

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

After submitting application and resume and cover letter, there was a phone interview then an in person interview. It was the typical interview process and wasn't difficult but they're very selective and it's very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at WGBH?   1 Answer

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with WGBH twice in the same week for a total of four hours.

The interview felt disjointed and some key interviewers appeared not to be in command of their material; however, most of the team members I met were kind and welcoming, if only superficially so.

I received a cliche, standard reply from the human resources assistant informing me I wasn’t selected and a week later I received the same exact message from the WGBH HR system. Given I spent four hours with the organization, a scripted reply is clearly unprofessional and disreputable. Most corporations wouldn’t have the gall to do that after two interviews and four hours.

WGBH management did not operate in good faith and it's a shame that an organization that supposedly serves the public would conduct itself in such a manner.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH.

Interview

They were very tech savvy, I had multiple interview via video conference and really got a feel for the culture. They attract smart talent and have a good human resources team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here? Why Human Resources? What are some of the challenges you have faced?   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very scattered and rather unprofessional as we were interrupted twice. After the interview I sent a thank you note and reinforced my interest in joining the team. That was over 6 weeks ago; I have never had any communication from the organization since then. Weak and inefective team that makes a poor representation of this non profit organization.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WGBH (Brighton, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview to discuss the position and my general background. It closed with plans to set up a meeting, and send a standard application form and an online test to complete.

The test was an online personality assessment survey.

The face-to-face meeting was separate interviews with the hiring manager and an HR representative.

The hiring manager went into detail about the organization, the history of the particular group and their needs. From there, it was a behavioral interview looking at how I respond to different types of situations.

The HR manager provided a general discussion of benefits. Very unnecessary at this stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult work situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email a month later from HR. I had a brief 15 minute phone interview with them and then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. It lasted about an hour and interviewed with three people.

Most of the questions are pretty on the book and dry interview questions. For example, what challenges you overcame, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WGBH in May 2017.

Interview

Easy online application, followed by a phone interview with HR that was pretty quick and too the point. I felt pretty positive about my chances after that. Later the same day they emailed me to schedule an interview, which was 3.5 hours long. About a week later I received a generic email saying they went with another candidate. Everyone was pleasant to speak with during the interview but I think its unfair to drag candidates through that long and rigorous of an interview process not knowing how seriously you're being considered for the position. That is an unusually long time to set aside for a job interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a situation where you had to problem solve without help from your supervisor   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easygoing and casual. Just wanted to see if I was a good fit for the company, and probably easy because internship was unpaid. I enjoyed the interview and found my co workers to be very pleasant.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 people at once. Asked questions straight from resume and takes down notes. Asks some questions about companies work and flexibility of schedule. Also makes sure you have reliable transportation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WGBH (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later following up. I was asked if I was still interested, and when I replied, I set up a time for a phone interview. The interview was very brief, and I received an offer just a few days later.