WIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WIC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.7

Nutrition Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WIC.

Interview

Panel interview; they asked questions regarding how I would handle the job situations as a nutrition associate...etc. If you know enough about WIC and the position it is not bad. Can be intimidating to interview with a panel if it is your first time in that setting, but the interviewers were very nice and easy going.

Nutrition Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WIC.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for an interview within a few days. The interview was pretty straightforward, asking things about myself and stuff like that. They didn't ask too much about the WIC program. They asked more about my experience with the women, children and cultural populations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WIC in February 2017.

Interview

Case study, strengths/weaknesses, and past experiences. Was given a quick phone screen before having the in-person interview. The whole process took about 1 week or a day or two less.

Interview Questions

• Case study - was asked to look at a participant with multiple nutritional considerations   Answer Question

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WIC (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and welcoming. Received a phone interview and then was asked to come in for an interview. Was offered the job on the spot. They seemed a little desperate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WIC.

Interview

They give you an aptitude test consisting of several basic common sense math questions. The test is very easy. 2 or 3 people sit and watch you as you fill out the test right in front of them which was a little unnerving.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stolen from a job including pens?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WIC (Valdosta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for Valdosta, GA. They called me less than a week that I applied. I live in Atlanta, GA. They asked me if I could do in-person or video chat interview. I said video chat, but instead they said they will do a phone interview with me.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone that doesn’t seem to want to change his or her unhealthy eating habits?

What would you say to a woman who doesn’t want to breastfeed her baby?

Based on the job description, what do you feel are the most important skills to have for a wic nutrition counselor?

What do you know about WIC?
      The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.

How do you handle conflict at work?

Tell me if you had some you didn’t get along at work, how do you handle the situation?

What was the most outstanding service you have ever done ?   Answer Question

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petersburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WIC (Petersburg, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a 3-person panel who interviewed me on my experience as a breastfeeding mother, knowledge of breastfeeding issues and solutions, and general history. It took over an hour to get through all the questions and answers. It was not unpleasant but they definitely had specific answers that they were looking for. Also there was a computer skills test after the panel. I did not hear back from them for over a month after the interview, since it is a government job, so patience is a virtue.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell a breastfeeding mother who is struggling in the first few weeks after birth?   Answer Question

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WIC (Racine, WI).

Interview

I had one in person interview, laid back and comfortable. We discussed my previous experience and how it relates to the job. The interview lasted about one hour. I got a tour of the facility at the end and was pretty much offered the job on the spot.

WIC Nutritionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WIC in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume in July and was called for the first interview in September. The interview was held the following week in front of a 3 person panel. All of the applicants were interviewed at 45 minute intervals on the same day. I saw a lot of conservative blue suits riding the elevator as I was coming and going.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "What would you say to a young mother who never keeps her WIC appointments?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WIC (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I APPLIED ONLINE AND GOT A RESPONSE WITHIN A WEEK ASKING ME TO COME IN FOR AN INTERVIEW. When I came I for the interview, the panel was very nice, and the questions were easy to answer as long as you have some knowledge about the target group of the WIC program.