WIS International Inventory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WIS International (Joliet, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional. It took months to get from 1st interview to final interview and probably won't hire if your current salary is high. Do yourself a favor don't apply here. When I got an interview, I was told it was because 2 Managers in training quit right away. They overlooked my resume and a lot of miscommunication from HR to Division Managers. Interview went good, she was showing me how job was done, introduced me to the staff.. I felt I got the job.. a few days later, HR told me I didn't get the job and was told to keep looking.. So Please Read the reviews and take it from there. Don't waste your precious time

Other Interview Reviews for WIS International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at WIS International (Pensacola, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Went to the interview office was a mess, guy interviewing me was very odd.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard interview questions, weren't hard to answer. He looked at the computer the entire time that I answered the questions then would engage and start talking about something else. Set me up for an onsite audit an hour away showed up an there wasn't anyone there gave me the wrong day. Wasted my time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WIS International (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to hear back from them after the interview. Was hired to be an Inventory Manager (salary) but started as Inventory Supervisor (hourly). Took 6 months to get official promotion.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WIS International (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview just asks qualifying questions such as what experience you have, when are you available, and provides the salary range. Final interview process will be with either a DM or DO, and is very easy. They usually give you a walkthrough during an actual inventory, to show you what it's about, and see if you're still interested. You may get asked questions about how you would respond in a stressful situation, or how you would deal with an irate customer or client.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WIS International (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was called on the phone. Set up a phone screening interview. Then went in person for a one on one interview. With in a few days following the interview, I was called with a job offer. It was Average questions in the interview.

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WIS International in August 2011.

Interview

Contacted via email, then went in for an initial Interview with the district manager. I later had a job preview with the Area Manager of the office I applied at. The first interview was your standard "What would you do in this situation?" or "Name a time when you had to...?"
    Don't need any previous experience with inventory at all. The job it self is simple. The tricky part is getting your crew to get better. After the job preview I also had to travel to meet the VP of Human Resources over an hour away for a follow up interview similar to the first interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any question that was terrible difficult. I can't imagine anyone getting the same set of questions, as there is no real rubric for interviewers to use.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zero negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WIS International (Miami, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview asking basic questions such as what did you do when...... After the phone interview which was only about 20 minutes a 1:1 interview is requested. I received a call as to when it would be and where. I was asked to print out my MVR and to bring it to the interview. The interview was basic. I was asked questions about what I have done during management and my experiences in the workplace. I was not offered a position, I think due to my lack of management experience. Although it was supposedly an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to pull an employee aside to talk about their behaviors.   Answer Question

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WIS International (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy traditional questions, nothing new and challenge you! Did ask you about your driving record...

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WIS International in January 2012.

Interview

This was my first interview and am waiting to be notified if I will go further in the interview process.

I submitted my resume and received an email back the next day, asking for a time when we could arrange a phone interview. Through a few prompt emails we settled on a day and time. The interviewee called exactly on time.

This first interview was a phone interview. The interviewee was very nice and relaxed. She first asked me if I had any questions and then proceeded to ask me some questions. The questions were not difficult and pretty standard.

Questions:
    I was asked 5 questions and to simply rate on a scale of 1-5. These were personality related

I was next asked another 5 yes/no questions about management. Such as "have you ever managed more than 15 people" and so on.

I was also asked about my driving record since the manager will drive people to the location. They will run a background check on you.

After the interview was over the interviewee gave me the names of the people that would contact me for my next interview if they were interested. She asked when would be a good time to reach me within the next week, so I suspect they try to arrange a 2nd interview within a week.

Make sure to have done some research on the company, they did ask my my expected salary which glass door provides for the position. Also I think bringing in the things I learned about the company helped me a lot. Finally, make sure you come with a number of relevant questions(this pertains to any job interview).

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WIS International in August 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and spoke for 20-30 min then was forwarded to the area manager for a second interview. The manager had alot of issues answering calls but after 2 weeks i finally got the second interview with her then was forwarded to the operations manager for the area and completed a third interview then was contacted the next day to schedule an 1:1 interview for the following week. After completing that interview i was offered the job and completed new hire paperwork. A week later i still had not heard from the hiring manager so i contacted her and was told she would get back with me in the next day or so. I waited a week then emailed her to check on the status of my start date and was answered by an email from the recruiter telling me that they had decided to keep looking. This interview process was a joke and kinda left me hanging out to dry the saving grace was that i did not quit my other job since i had a feeling something was off about these people

Interview Questions

• work experience related to this job   Answer Question
    • what time do you get up in the morning cause u will need to be getting up around 1am   Answer Question