WMS Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WMS Gaming Interview Questions

2.8

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Waukegan, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The phone interview had to be rescheduled due to illness, but they never sent me a new interview date until I reminded them to do so. The actual interview was roughly 5 minutes long after I drove 3 hours to get there, and they never sent me an email regarding my being denied the position. I sent a follow up email and got no response. Completely unorganized and ridiculous process.

Senior Staff Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I met this group through a job fair and discussed the position and my qualifications at length.
    The phone interview was with 2 people who worked on the team and involved standard interview questions and a few questions about creativity.
    The second step was a skill test that involved creativity questions about various games and a probability question that involved some basic programming.

Interview Questions

• They said I got the Probability question wrong so double check your work.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I was given a phone interview which was with some senior engineers in Chicago. They were rude and didn't give me a fair shake. Two weeks later I received an email from an HR person who said they "would not pursue me anymore".

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The first contact was by a talent recruiter, who coordinates the interviews. He was also the first person to interview me. His interview was just getting to know me. Also, he did give me a heads up on what to expect in future interviews.

The phone interview was a technical one, done by an engineer and a manager. It consisted mainly of C++ questions (what is [C++ Term]? What is the difference between [this term] and [this term]). The talent recruiter requested a debriefing afterwards.

Some time after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in person interview. That consisted of a tour hosted by the talent recruiter, who then gave advice about the next interviews. Then there were three sets of half hour 2:1 interviews.

*The first pair asked technical questions and about previous experience.
    *The second pair asked to design something on a whiteboard (to see how I think) and about previous experience.
    *The third pair mainly asked about previous experience.

The in person interview lasted for two hours. Everyone I have spoken with were nice. The overall tone was very conversational and there was never a single instance when it seemed like an inquisition.

I was contacted one last time by the talent recruiter saying that no offer was to be made, along with some notes gathered from the interviewers. It was still a positive experience.

Associate WAP Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Reno, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

Where do I start. Applied online, next day recruiter called asked about my background and general question. Set up an appointment with the manager. Ask about network, windows server, dhcp. I was like wow I should brush up on my IT. The manager did not made me feel uncomfortable, nice guy. Waiting for second interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

- I was contacted by the recruiter to setup a phone interview with 3 employees (Director + 2 Senior Business Analysts)
    - I was asked clever technical questions on Oracle E-Business Suite
    - The recruiter called back saying they're looking for more experienced candidates

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Did interview well, was told would receive a call back, and never heard back.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied via the company website and was contacted by telephone by the recruiter. The interview was scheduled for two days later. The phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes, with the recruiter taking up most of that time detailing the position. She only asked a few questions, seemed rushed, and ended the interview. I felt I had many more questions that went unanswered. Ultimately, I did not receive another call about the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Pune (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Presentation - Recruiters gave a presentation about the company.
    1st round: Aptitude test (Technical - 30 Ques in 35 mins & Programming Test of 70 mins, 3 programs)
    2nd Round: Technical Interview at their office, Mostly C++ questions, ques related to Project and Core Subjects
    3rd Round: HR Interview, questions on Background and even Technical Questions

Interview Questions

• Tell one quality which is unique to you?
      The previous question was on Strengths which I answered. But they answered that these are what we always get. So tell us something Unique.
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview

I was call for personal interview after the phone interview. The interview went well but no offer