WMS Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WMS Gaming Interview Questions

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Got the hiring manager's contact from school project. First interview is with HR on site while visiting the company. Later on received a phone inter view with a panel of two. Questions are engineering questions, and the project I did before. Since it's a internship offer, I feel like it really depends on the hiring manager's preference so it could vary.

Interview Questions

• I had a little bit hard time when questioned about technical details about computer graphics, so definitely warm up yourselves before taking the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation because it's an internship.

Principal Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

HR made initial contact 2 days after the application was submitted. The phone screen was scheduled in the afternoon of the day after and took approximately 30 minutes. HR called back about couple hours later and informed me that the hiring manager invited me for an onsite interview. The technical phone screen was omitted(that is the normal process to have the technical phone screen first). The onsite interview took place a few days later and was about 3 hours - 3 rounds, 45 minutes each. The interviewers were a fellow analyst, hiring manager and some technical resource. Overall the experience was not bad. The first two was rather pleasant. They were very nice and friendly. The culture seem very flexible and welcoming.
    HR called back about an hour later to inform their decision to extend an offer. Not sure if it is normal to move so quickly.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. Most of them are about the relevant work experiences and behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was asked by a technical resource on ETL questions which was not what the position required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR will speak to you regarding the terms before presenting the actual offer letter. Negotiation was not bad.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Waukegan, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was hired through a Staffing agency. I had worked under contract for approxiamtely 1.5 years on what started out as a three week assignment. My initial interview with WMS through the agency was via phone with my current manager, and another member of his peer group. After approximatley a year, My director asked his VP for approval to hire me, and allocate budget. It took approximatly another 6 months for approval, and budget allocation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses, and how do you plan on improving upon them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had been working there for the previous year. I calculated my pay based on hourly rate with overtime and vacation pay. They gave me a promotion and a raise from what I had made over the previous year. I accepted a promotion to a salary position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I was given a phone interview which was with some senior engineers in Chicago. They were rude and didn't give me a fair shake. Two weeks later I received an email from an HR person who said they "would not pursue me anymore".

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The first contact was by a talent recruiter, who coordinates the interviews. He was also the first person to interview me. His interview was just getting to know me. Also, he did give me a heads up on what to expect in future interviews.

The phone interview was a technical one, done by an engineer and a manager. It consisted mainly of C++ questions (what is [C++ Term]? What is the difference between [this term] and [this term]). The talent recruiter requested a debriefing afterwards.

Some time after the phone interview, I was contacted for an in person interview. That consisted of a tour hosted by the talent recruiter, who then gave advice about the next interviews. Then there were three sets of half hour 2:1 interviews.

*The first pair asked technical questions and about previous experience.
    *The second pair asked to design something on a whiteboard (to see how I think) and about previous experience.
    *The third pair mainly asked about previous experience.

The in person interview lasted for two hours. Everyone I have spoken with were nice. The overall tone was very conversational and there was never a single instance when it seemed like an inquisition.

I was contacted one last time by the talent recruiter saying that no offer was to be made, along with some notes gathered from the interviewers. It was still a positive experience.

Associate WAP Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Reno, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

Where do I start. Applied online, next day recruiter called asked about my background and general question. Set up an appointment with the manager. Ask about network, windows server, dhcp. I was like wow I should brush up on my IT. The manager did not made me feel uncomfortable, nice guy. Waiting for second interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

- I was contacted by the recruiter to setup a phone interview with 3 employees (Director + 2 Senior Business Analysts)
    - I was asked clever technical questions on Oracle E-Business Suite
    - The recruiter called back saying they're looking for more experienced candidates

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

Had 3 interviews in 1 day with 3 different groups of people. A design test was given, and a weeks time was permitted to complete it. The original interview was 6 months prior to being called back in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

One phone interview and then 3 more face - face interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WMS Gaming (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Did interview well, was told would receive a call back, and never heard back.