WPP Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WPP Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WPP Group.

Interview

Everyone is really nice, warm, welcoming and very down to earth. They asked typical interview questions, but also asked different questions to gage my personality and make sure I would be a good fit.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WPP Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Met head of department and her UK boss. General discussions about my background, and they did most of the talking about WPP and its global footprint. Met other people in similar roles for a culture check. It was a very culture-driven interview. They need to know you can "get on" with others.

Interview Questions

• Typical strengths, weaknesses,what I do when not at work, what I have been reading, why I like staffing, what roles did I staff in the past,   Answer Question

Temp Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WPP Group (Wilton, CT).

Interview

One hour interview. I was interviewed by my would-be direct superior. She was warm and welcoming, gave off a vibe that the 30 minute oral interview process was just a formality. She took an average interest in my professional experiences.

The powerpoint test was next. A 30 min 10 slide full rework. Stock photo research and placement. Clean up master slides. Table creation. Alignment and continuity ARE HUGE to KPP.

I thought I bombed. She assured me that I didn't. Small talk and questions for 10 more min.

Interview Questions

• How did your past jobs strengthen you for this opportunity?

Why us?
      1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WPP Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I met with the HR team who asked my general questions about my experience and interest. They then communicated with me quickly to set up an interview with the team I would be working with. From there, their communication remained consistent and helpful.

Senior Analyst, Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WPP Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with the managers and discussed responsibilities, role, corporate culture, and etc. Everyone was laid back and responsive to the questions asked. The interviewers were open and honest telling you both good and bad things, for you to self- evaluate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WPP Group (Naperville, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy and drawn out. Several interviews with associates unrelated to the final role. No clear deliverable for role. Once hired there was a long period of time before projects were assigned.

MBA Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WPP Group (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Full day interview at JWT in NY. Met with four executives from various agencies around the country.

The interview experience was great. The opportunity to sit down with these brilliant ad professionals and just talk shop was amazing. Questions ranged from industry thoughts and predictions, to thoughts on specific brands, to future goals and aspirations. The experience was not like MBA interviews client side. Not a single interviewer asked about my experience before the MBA program.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer started by asking me for questions, which caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Human Resources for W2O Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WPP Group (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The recruiter was friendly and the initial phone call went well. Then went onsite to meet with a few members of the management team and do a phone call (which was supposed to be video and did not happen) with members of the HR team in California and Texas. All still went well, and I was very excited. Then went back for a second round interview to meet with more senior managers. Then went back for a third onsite interview. Then had to go back again in person to meet with the senior operations person (I think COO) in the NY office. Went in and had to wait, and then the interview only took 20 minutes. If you are asking someone to come in FOUR times in person plus a phone interview, that is a lot of their time. I would have liked the last interview to be more worth it. Than I never heard back-- I would follow up and they were still making decisions. Then I mentioned I had a final round interview elsewhere, and they said they were still very interested in me. I would have been find if they told me it was a pass, but I guess they really had not made a decision. When I received the other offer, W2O still had not made any decisions, so I accepted the other offer. At the time I was disappointed, but in hindsight I love my new role AND I don't think I would want to work for a company with such inability to get things done.

Interview Questions

• Questions were average-- more about my background and challenges I would face in the role. They were very honest about difficulties in the organization.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WPP Group (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

very professional Listen to what I had to say was interested in my last job and why I left and if I had any problem with the time I was suppose to be there.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider what your basic needs are and if you can survive on what they are offering

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WPP Group (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Very professional, key topics mentioned only, interview process was very direct and specific and handled well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Immediate