WSP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WSP

2.7

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first at my college campus, and then had a follow up interview in San Fransisco. Both interviews had no technical questions and they just asked me to talk about what was on my resume. They were more conversations than interviews.

After I received an offer they processes was pretty terrible. My offer was actually rescinded and then they re-offered me the job a week later. All in all the process after receiving the offer was very off putting and I decided to continue with another opportunity.

Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSP (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Got a email within the week and scheduled initial phone interview. Initial Phone interview mainly asked basic questions, such as "tell me about yourself", "why are you interested in this position", and "tell me about some of your projects". It was fairly simple, no technical question. Within the next week, got an email for a visit to office. Office visit was mainly to introduce me to the staff and ask any other questions if I have for them. There were no technical questions and I got an offer within two weeks.

Traffic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WSP.

Interview

It was for the entry position. Initially applied online, and the recruiter contacted me to schedule for an interview. After the interview, I wasn't really notified if I got the position of not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSP.

Interview

Two rounds of interview: 1) phone interview with recruiter. 2) one week later interviewed with team and had 30 minutes data analysis exercise. Total of 1.5hr of on-site interview. 30 minutes interviewing with managers, 30 minutes excel exercise, 30 minutes meeting with team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle situations with competing deadlines?   Answer Question

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lititz, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Lititz, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process is rudimentary lending more toward capabilities than psychoanalysis. My interview was short but efficient with no real stress involved. The interviewer was friendly and had been a part of the organization for very long time.

Interview Questions

• How much excel experience do you have?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WSP (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through the university's career website. Got an email in 2 days saying they wanted to meet. On the actual interview they (3 interviewers) didn't ask much, mainly explaining their projects and the work cultures. Everyone there is so friendly and the workplace is really nice. One person gave a tour of the office at the end. Really great experience. Got the offer the next day but due to credit status at school couldn't accept the offer for Coop.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asking about my interest and experience. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Got a not-friendly advisor from school who wouldn't let me do coop unless I had 36 credits left.

Messaging Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ephrata, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WSP (Ephrata, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was originally hired as a Service Desk Analyst. Despite being a very technical group at the time, I was not asked a single IT related question. This was reflected when they started hiring other people who didnt have a clue on how to troubleshoot.

Transportation Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WSP (Raleigh, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was engaging and enjoyable, and I had ample opportunity to ask questions and dialogue about the experience. Expectations were clearly stated ahead of time. The panel was a great way to understand the dynamics of the groups which work together in the office.

Interview Questions

• If you were to compose an optimal team of people, what would it look like?   Answer Question

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WSP (Lawrence, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

This was an on campus interview with a few representatives from the company after the career fair. It was very laid back, more of a conversation as opposed to a formal interview.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Pre-interview with the section manager, pretty informal, and also very professional. Mainly the interview is about the potential job openings, so they just want to have some basic understanding of the candidates.