WVU Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.9

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WVU Medicine (Fairmont, WV) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. I spoke with one HR rep. She made good conversation which helped to ease the nerves I had. She asked very basic interview questions with nothing regarding the technical aspects of the job. I came in well prepared and feel like I was very successful.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the pace of work in one of your past jobs. What did you like or dislike about working at that pace?   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Interview

Human resources does nothing to help with hiring process. They are slow and do not respond to emails. I never had an interview and took a job with another agency because they were so slow. I would not recommend trying to get a job with WVUH unless you have at least 6-9 months to wait on HR.

Interview Questions

• I never had an interview, their hiring process was too slow.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WVU Medicine (Morgantown, WV) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was with an HR representative. Very personable, made you feel at ease, very comfortable. Extensively went over every detail of my career. Was then sent for interview with person who would be a direct supervisor. Again, very personable. Clear, concise, but friendly one on one conversation. Asked a few HR mandated questions, but in a less formal way. Left this interview feeling great. Then went for a peer to peer interview with two wonderful people with varying positions not related to the job. They alternated asking prepared questions. Again very personable. Made you feel comfortable. Left thinking this was one of the best interviews I have ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

OR Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WVU Medicine (Morgantown, WV) in October 2016.

Interview

I put in an application and HR was very quick in contacting me. They set me up for an interview a week later. My interview was really nice. It was personable and they truly wanted to get to know me as a person along with my professional expertise. HR was also timely on contacting me with the verdict of my employment. Overall, it was an excellent interview experience.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WVU Medicine (Morgantown, WV) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position & the lab assistant position. I have all qualifications & went to a excellent clinical hospital for my schooling. It took several weeks to get a call for the interview. I had an interview first with HR, it including a background check. Then he took me up to the lab for a second interview & also a peer interview. They told me if I got that far I was golden. It's been 3 months & I have called to follow up & they never answer I leave a message & they never call back.. I feel like they are very unprofessional & after this maybe I don't want to work here. I would at least call & give an update to someone that wants to start in healthcare & is a excellent worker.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy about you're schooling, what didn't you enjoy about your schooling?   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WVU Medicine (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

I first talked to HR for about and 30 minuets, went over my past jobs, education, and other basic questions. Very calm and none stressful. Polite HR person I had. After that I then was taking in front of IT directory,directory of department, and managers about 8-9 people in the room. Also some peers that asked questions about knowledge how you would handle situations and more about that position.

Interview Questions

• Why I left past jobs, Issues I had there if any how you handle situations, Researching issues that may arise, self management, strengths and weaknesses. Nothing that was surprising or out of the normal questions.

After the group interview I was giving a hands on test along with multiple answer/ short answer test (about 30 questions). Both of these had to do with computer, network, and IT security.
      Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at WVU Medicine (Morgantown, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied early February I got called to come in for an interview the 15th, questions were pretty basic and easy I was asked if I was able to to wait and be interviewed with the department manager. I was taken to her very nice women asked same interview questions from then she had me do a peer interview with employees who work in that department questions were the same as well. I left and waited to hear back, on the 3rd of March I had an email stating for me to have at least 5 professional references do a survey of me by me sending them a link to their email for them to do so, I was able to get 3. Two weeks had gone by and I had lost hope I had heard They take forever, but by then it seemed way too long. This Monday April 11th I had a call from the HR recruiter given me an offer for the position, unfortunately now I have to decline the offer. I wish they would have contacted me much sooner I'm quite upset, I did look forward to working there. I now have other plans as for employment in another state.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had multiple tasks, how did you manage your time and prioritized them?   Answer Question

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WVU Medicine (Morgantown, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Quick phone interview and scheduled for in person interview during the call. Basic 15 minute interview. Signed in to HR department at the hospital, waiting about 15 minutes until my time. HR department very friendly. Interviewed with supervisor and HR team member.

Interview Questions

• ALL situational nursing questions, require patient examples and experiences. "Tell me about a time you had a difficult patient"   Answer Question

Ekg Technician Interview

Interview

3 Steps including peer interview, interview, and management interview. It is an 8 hour process. First you meet with your boss-to-be, then with management, then a peer interview, then 4-5 hours of shadowing. Sometimes, they test you on skills using standardized tests with poorly worded questions.

Interview Questions

• When you make a mistake, what do you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WVU Medicine in March 2016.

Interview

I initially interviewed with the department manager and team lead. They made me feel very comfortable and were very open and honest about the expectations of the position and what they were looking for. After the initial interview I interviewed with ~8 of the team members. They were all very welcoming and made an overwhelming situation much less so.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest strength, (then) describe your greatest weakness.   Answer Question