Wachovia Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Messaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with a few basic HR type questions. In person interview with manager and his direct reports. I believe they only asked me one behavioral type question but the interviewing practices have changed considerably since Wachovia was acquired by Wells Fargo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a problem that was impacting a project you led.   Answer Question

Finance Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Behavioral Interview to determine how you would behave in a certain situation. Determined interpersonal skills and work management preferences. Lots of questions that started out with "tell me about a time...."

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Call from recruiter, interview, waiting, call from assistant to set up interview, interview with hiring manager, heard nothing, email from recruiter saying that position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this position?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

They generally hire from within. I had one interview,with one person. Communication was very clear amd the job description was accurate.

Interview Questions

• This was your syandard situational imterview with no curve ball question. Examples imclude, "tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

Applied for an internal posting; followed with preliminary phone screen and then interviewed in person by a panel. Interview format is behavioral ie open ended questions along the lines of "tell me about a time where you faced a difficult situation in the work place/overcame adversity, etc" Usually canned anecdotal responses do well in this format. The company may even provide you with a list of target subject matter to facilitate preparation. This is the format used for all but the most technical jobs. The company also highlights diversity as a core value, anything in support of that will be looked upon favorably.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Decided the company was not a long term career fit and made a decision to change professions

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

The team was very much into panel interviews and group decision making (but on the surface only, at the end management pressured the peers toward a different candidate).

Interview Questions

• If I had an opportunity to have a dinner with one people, living or dead, who would it be and why   Answer Question

I did not think the manager and I would fit each other well

Senior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

First interview went well, however they wanted to hire someone internally so went with them instead. They like me enough to have a 2nd interview 2mos later. Interviewers were very detailed in their questions and asked me to provide feedback on their current integration (with Wells Fargo) efforts. In the interim between interview 1 and 2 the hiring manager resigned, never a good sign. Who quits their job in the middle of a recession unless it is a bad situation? Very desperate (a little too much) to bring somebody on board. Seemed to me they were having a brain drain with Wells takeover.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the screen design of this portal to be more user friendly?   Answer Question

I had a bad feeling about them. Long decision making process + hiring less qualified internal candidates + Wells takeover + hiring manager leaving - desperation = I'll pass.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

The hiring process depends on how you were referred to the job, I got the interview through networking so I had 2 interviews, the first interview was a 1-1 with the hiring manager, the second interview was a panel interview with the current team members. The interview was mostly behavioral

Interview Questions

• Had a couple UNIX related questions in the form of problem solving, which threw me   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to however it was a somewhat junior role so I assume if it was a senior role on the team I would have been able to negotiate. The advice I would give is really know and have a good pulse on the salary level of the job you are applying for so that you are more prepared to "play hard ball" so to speak

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in December 2008.

Interview

HR was the first contact, and they were very strong gatekeepers. They were very quick to get me to and from Charlotte for the interview with very minimal work on my part. I sat in one conference room with a glass door, and interviewers rotated in and out. Spoke with 5 different people - of all levels from peers to executives. They seemed very leery of someone interviewing who didn't already live in Charlotte, almost like they were protective of letting new people into their town. They also got very personal about what my spouse was going to do and asked point blank how long I thought I would stay. It was a little off-putting, but I needed a job, so I stuck it out.

Interview Questions

• "You seem square... Tell me why we should hire you when you seem like you aren't fun to be around."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated tooth and nail, but they refused to let me negotiate directly with the hiring manager. I had to negotiate with a woman in HR, and she was not very well prepared to do so, so she became very frustrated with me. She nearly pulled my offer because I wanted to negotiate my salary, my title, my band and I also wanted to talk directly with the hiring manager about my career path. This was a major move across the country for me, so yes, I was very particular about what I wanted from the position (short of a guarantee, but I still wanted there to be an understanding of expectations).