Wachovia Financial Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Financial Specialist Interview Questions

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

Two interviews during initial application and selection for position.

Interview Questions

• Recall all questions to be straightforward, not exceptionally challenging.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wachovia

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewers were 30 minutes late. Heavily focused on STAR process.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected interview. Standard questions asked for any sales or customer service positions   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in July 2009.

Interview

First spoke on phone with recruiter. She then set up phone interview for a few days later and at the end of the phone interview she told me she would like to take the next step and set up a face to face interview. She called back in a couple of days to set up the face to face for the following week. The face to face was with two interviewers who took turns asking situational questions about past job experiences i.e. " Tell me about a time when you dealt with a particularly difficult customer". Answers to all questions were to be in the S.T.A.R. format; "tell about the SITUATION or TASK, describe the ACTION, tell the RESULT of your actions" The interview lasted about 50-60 minutes. Very proffessional people and overall experience was good. No position was offered, but call from recruiter the following week requested that although the position went to someone else, they wanted to keep my information on file for expected future openings.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you were able to make a sale to someone that had no interest in your product"   Answer Question
    • "Describe a time when you became frustrated with a peer or team member"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Paramus, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

First got an e-mail, then phone interview & call-back for appointment for first interview.
    First interview consisted of questionaire being filled out independently under the watch of HR rep, the initial screener. Then got another e-mail from recruiter for second interview a week or so later. Then second interview was with 2 managers, was more rigorous and thorough, focused on their methodology of situation-specific actions taken & the result.

Interview Questions

• Not really... as long as you do your studying on interview question types, you'll be okay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Go in with confidence and do not chicken out in asking for your salary.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Raleigh, NC) in May 2007.

Interview

* applied online
    *got a call from recruiter and had a phone interview. it was a behavioural interview.
    *got another call from recruiter informing me I was moving on to next stage, i.e a personality test.
    * got a call informing me I was successful and scheduled another interview with the sales leader and also the service leader.
    *then had another interview with banking director.
    * then I was offered job

Interview Questions

• decribe a situation when......   1 Answer

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia in June 2009.

Interview

There is a personality test and then later a direct face to face interview. Eventually and background check and then a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific time when you had a challenging situation and you turned it into a positive experience for the customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, they will not allow it. Not one dime

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia in March 2008.

Interview

Applied on job website. The first interview was over the phone with the hiring headhunter. Things went well and we arranged an in person interview with the hiring manager for the district. After the interview, watched a video on their company culture, etc, and took a personality and aptitude test. A few days later, interviewed with the sales manager for the area I had applied. Note, there was no need to interview with the financial center manager, as they are more a manager of customer service in the branches.

Interview Questions

• describe a challenging customer experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question