Wachovia Interview Questions in Florida | Glassdoor

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Orlando, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked to introduced ourselves and then we heard more about the company and stuff. We also watched a video. Then we were asked 3 questions and went around the room everyone answering the 3 questions. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Why Wachovia/Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What was the problem? How did you resolve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Stuart, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

I first received a call from an HR person who had specific questions regarding my experience. When she was satisfied with those answers she asked if I had time to do the complete phone interview. I said yes. She worked from a script of specific questions with the usual behavioral interview questions: Can you think of a time when: met a goal, solved a problem, etc. She said I would be followed back up to do an in person interview. It was a couple of weeks before I heard back, although she did give me an HR number to follow up with. They said it would be another week or so. Then another HR person called to schedule the meeting and told me where to meet. The interview was with an area manager and a current Store Manager. They again had very specific scenarios to ask me and wrote like crazy keeping notes. You will need very specific situations on meeting goals, $ and how accomplished. They called me in two weeks to advise I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a specific goal, to achieve, what was the $, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Tampa, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Evening Interview starting at 4:30pm. 6 applicants -1 recruiter.
    Described position and showed video.
    asked 4 questions: Name and past positions, expirence with sales, expirence with customer service, what strengths you would bring.
    Pulls everyone out one by one at which point you may get to move to 1:1 with management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Miami, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process for becoming a Teller at Wachovia is pretty laid back. You start of with an online application that requires you to take a Unicru personality test, one of those where they give you a statement and you have to say whether you: Strongly agree, agree, feel neutral, disagree, or Strongly disagree. I have failed several of these tests in the past, so I did some research. (Small hint: agree and disagree are always wrong, you should always pick one of the "strongly" options. Also, absolutely do NOT be honest. To pass this test you actually have to claim to have never told a lie or broken a promise in your life.) Anyway, along with the personality test is a basic skills test. It involves some pretty simple arithmetic questions. You can fly right through it if you have a calculator next to you.

Once you pass, they notify you that they would like you to com in for a group orientation. They explain to you the different career paths at Wachovia and that the type of personality traits they look fo in an employee. They also ask everyone to go around the room sharing a little about their education and work experience. The recruiters are basically feeling everyone out to decide who they'll invite for a 1 on 1 interview.

If you're selected for an interview, they'll call you in for a meeting with the manager and whatever bank they have a Teller opening. They'll ask you pretty standard interview questions,

i.e.

1. Name two of your greatest strengths
    2. Two greatest weaknesses
    3. Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone you were working with in a group or team and explain how you handled it
    4. Why do you want to be a teller?

They also toss out some situational questions, like what would you do if you balanced your transactions at the end of the day and you found you were $500 short?

Nothing too crazy. To nail the interview just make sure you stress your cash-handling experience, that you love working in teams, and are very goal-oriented. Working as a teller, they set goals for you on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. They want to be sure they hire people that respond well to that kind of environment.

Interview Questions

• What would you of if after reviewing your transaction, you found you were $500 short?   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Orlando, FL) in November 2008.

Interview

I first met with the local area manager because I was refereed. The manager made it seems that Wachova was the best place to be. That they had a strong market presence and that I was able to make lots of money selling the Pick A Payment loan. I needed a job so I took it. I feel bad for all those Pick A Payment loan I was forced to sell!

Personal Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Miami, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

if you pass the online IQ test, you'll get a date and place to go to. It'll be a manager asking you the "have you ever been in a situation where you've had a difficult situation and how did you deal with it?"

If you're multi lingual, they'll ask you questions in that format.

Interview Questions

• tell me when you've been in a hard situation with a co worker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation is done over the phone. They'll tell you that you are starting off at a max'd out rate. Ask if they can do any better and they'll tell you they'll call you back with a final offer. They'll call back in a few minutes and bump up the offer.