Wachovia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2016

2.9

Teller Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was already in the teller manager position, I was transferring from OC to LA but I had to reinterview. They asked the question assuming that i am completely new to the position. The process was ...

Commercial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wachovia (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

2 weeks, and one phone interview then face to face and follow up after first interview. over all process was better handeled than others like pnc and suntrust. average questions about past performance and how did it help the company and customers

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

it was a joke. they talked this Texas plan up way too much. no one knew what they were doing. And they didn't tell us that opening up 300 banking centers in a new market was going to eventually close the doors

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the person for this job?   1 Answer

Teller Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a week later. The recruiter conducted an easy interview over the phone, mostly work history questions. I was then sent to do a 1:1 interview with the branch manger. Branch manger asked scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

Two interviews during initial application and selection for position.

Interview Questions

• Recall all questions to be straightforward, not exceptionally challenging.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview. after initial phone discussion with hiring manager, went onsite to meet with technical lead, other business manager and the group head.

Loan Processor Interview

Interview

I had one face to face interview with the hiring manager and two current department employees. The interview included several standard behavioral questions. The interview was pretty simple

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

First interview was through a recruiter over the phone. Very basic questions. 2nd interview was by the department head and was a thorough but basic question interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions other the standard tell me about yourself questions   Answer Question

Licensed Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wachovia (Baytown, TX).

Interview

Promoted from Service Banker to Licensed Financial Specialist.

Negotiation

No, negotiation b/c I was an internal hire.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wachovia (Homewood, AL) in April 2012.

Interview

Wachovia used the Targeted Interview Process called STAR. The interviewer would ask the candidate to tell a situation they faced; the task it involved; the actions they took; and the results of the process. These questions would be directly related to the job they would have to perform.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you were asked to improve a process to be more efficient using the STAR theory.   Answer Question